• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I want to change smth in a bank file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
In the campaign I clicked the wrong last research from the protoss research tree. I wanted to have the other one. E.g tech reactor instead of drop pods. I know that

TCampaign.SC2Bank

contains that info as it contains what you have as upgrades, etc. So which value changes it so that I either have LESS THAN 25 research so that I can choose again or make the other research appear. Yes I mean by opening through notepad.

After replaying several missions on brutal due to loading an old save by mistake and newer gone, and then to get the secret mission, Im not willing to go back further just for a wrong research...

Thx to this I found that:

<Section name="LabResearchState">
<Key name="4">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="19">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="8">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="9">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="2">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="11">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="15">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="13">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="5">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>
<Key name="18">
<Value int="2"/>
</Key>

But changing the number of the research item still doesnt do it, still has my current research i.e orbital strike.

Anyone can paste his bank info if havent completed the research? I want to see what is the code if the tree is not complete, so far it says: <Key name="StoryState|ResearchCapNoticeProtossDone"> may be preventing

Last edited:
Level 5
Hi,

What you are editing is probably just a temp file. The real campaign data is saved here:
\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\id\id-id-id-id\Saves\LibertyCampaignSave.SC2Save

But the first 128 byte block of all campaign SC2Bank files contain a checksum. (Check my attachment) Meaning you can't just change stuff in the bank, you have to crack the protection first.

By the way you can find and load all your previous autosaves from here:
\Documents\StarCraft II\Accounts\random number\more random numbers\Saves\Unsaved\*.SC2Save
^^this might help.

--3ICE

EDIT: Drop pods are better. If you ever want to speed-beat a mission, dropping ghosts and nuking stuff is the fastest way to go.

Or if you just want to know how to hack SC2Bank files then ask bluntly. No fake stories please.
We don't need no bullshit.

Attachments

• bank.png
    bank.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 133
Level 22
EDIT: Drop pods are better. If you ever want to speed-beat a mission, dropping ghosts and nuking stuff is the fastest way to go.

No. " Since the Supernova mission. Valhalla, Maw of the Void and Korhal I don't use infantry making the orbital strike useless to me, tech reactor times better. Difficulty:Brutal"

Or if you just want to know how to hack SC2Bank files then ask bluntly. No fake stories please.
We don't need no bullshit.

I'm not even a mapmaker yet you tell me I will hack ppl's bank files. LoL.

Yeah thanks for the info if I can't change it through notepad i'm not gonna do real hacking just over some research. But it's true I needed to know only to undo my last toss research.

Level 5
Yeah, I'm using tech reactors too. Difficulty: Also brutal! :)

Soon the bank file header protection will be cracked, then we will have tools for going crazy with our campaign saves. Imagine doing the first missions with a full tech tree :)

Of course Blizzard now permabans for hacking in Single Player too, so it will be very risky. But still, cheating just for fun is... well, fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.