• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Link Spell in Warlock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I want to know how that spell works, everything about it actually. But most important:
- How does target unit cast spells and turn around during he is being dragged?
- How does link projectile (rope) moves with caster after it is cast?
(Or think of hook in Pudge Wars map)
I have some answers in my mind and eager to test them but it may act laggy and i don't want to waste my time at all.

Level 37
- How does target unit cast spells and turn around during he is being dragged?

Use SetUnitX() and SetUnitY() to move the unit, it will not interrupt the

- How does link projectile (rope) moves with caster after it is cast?

I assume the "rope" is a lightning. You can periodically (in 0,03 s intervals for example) move the ends of the lightning to position of caster, position of target.

Last edited:
Level 19
When you cast the spell, a small dummy ball (lightning) comes out, attached with a lightning effect between it and the caster, when the dummy unit contacts with an enemy unit (in this case a enemy Warlock) the warlock is moved to the caster, until the range between them becomes less than 100 or 125.

How Maker mentioned above, you can use (SetUnitX) and (SetUnitY) to prevent the interruption of any actions while it is being dragged.

Status
Not open for further replies.