• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Line of sight blocker, does not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

noj

noj

Level 4
The wall is a pathing blocker, there are line of sight blockers in the wall aswell, But when you get close to the wall you see right past them. I tried large line of sight blockers and they only work properly in one direction. Not the slightest clue why, any ideas?

ganheaadd.jpg

Happens when i remove the walls and just leave the line of sight blockers too.

Happens with un-edited units.

I Created a brand new map and tested them and it happens, I cant see how i possibly misse this happening since i been using them for so long. Does everyone else get this same result? im using newgen.
nanhkaadd.jpg

Last edited:
If I recall correctly, line of sight blockers just affect ranged units attacks over a certain point. (they have to maneuver around the blocker to attack) I am not positive though, I haven't actually used them much.

If you want to prevent a unit from seeing a certain area, then try using fog modifiers with the trigger editor.

EDIT: Oh I see that you are referring to what I just said it to be. Oops. Ignore this post.

Last edited:

noj

noj

Level 4
No there ment to block vision and pathing (wakability) and actualy some ranged units when controlled by computer's will shoot over them (glitch) even though logically it should be impossible. They block vision like cliff's do and its proven by placing a cliff and a sight blocker and hitting the 'p' key to see the pathing map. (better way would to just place them and test it in a map, if my character was not right against the wall they work fine)

I have a very large complicated map infact its a small town fille with buildings like the image above, if i was to use visibility modifers it would be to complicated because the buildings and streets etc are not uniform at all.

noj

noj

Level 4
It occurs anytime a unit is close to the blockers. When it is two blocks thick it does not have this bug, but its not really and option because.
1. I have nearly half a 480x480 map full of structures using single layerd vision blockers and
2. The models are not made for it, decreasing visual aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.