• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Limiting food acording to allies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Okay so i'm making an azeroth wars kind of game, the problem is, that Players with more allies tend to win games because of the amount of units they have.

So i want to do a system that for example:

You have 0 allies, you have a maximum of 300 food available (still you need to make farms).

When you have 1 ally you get 150 food.

and when you get 2 or more allies you get 100 food only.

(the trigger must not give you directly the food it must allow you to go up to that amount of food).

Level 23
correct me if Im wrong but afaik there is no way to manipulate food limits directly(the cap) with triggers.

You could either make it totally virtual(not good idea)
or
you could just check for player building farm and if he has 2 allies and his food(count farms * food they give or some method) is higher then 100, remove those farms.
The problem is, they could have 1 ally, making army of size 200 then allying second player dropping it to 100 but having army 200. You could kill some of the army, but the thing is what would be killed?

Status
Not open for further replies.