• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Limiting Default Unit Animations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Asume I want to restrict Blademaster from using its Stand 2 and Stand 4 animations. So when it is standing idle, it shall only use its Stand 1 animation. Is there any way to do this; other than exporting the model, tinkering with it and re-importing?
P.S.: Though I still want to use these restricted animations with spells so permanently disabling them is not an option.

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

Do some sort of gui or jass trigger that checks if the unit is moving, if the unit is checked and is not moving make a trigger that plays the stand animation every 2-4 seconds.

When the unit starts moving again have another set of triggers to check that it is moving and then if it is moving turn off the trigger that plays the stand animation.

Level 8
Same problem with attack animations; I have a spell that should use Attack animation. I mean exact animation named "Attack" But instead, it plays a random animation starting with the word "Attack"; meaning it uses Attack 2, Attack 4, Attack Slam etc.. How do I make sure it uses the desired exact animation, not randomly others?

Deleted member 177737

D

Deleted member 177737

change the spells "Animation Names" to Attack, or whatever anim you want played.

Level 8
I guess I coudln't explain myself; unit has:
Attack - 1
Attack - 2
Attack - 3
animations for instance. I want to use Attack -1 only. Entering "Attack - 1" to the spell animation field does not work in game at all. What really happans is unit just plays a random attack animation (meaning any animation starting with "attack" word)
Edit:
Now tell me what kind of dumb I am :D Here is quote from my very own post:
Take "Orb of Corruption Item ability" from abilities, remove all data and effects including buff placed effects (SFX) (change ability duration thing to 0.01 not 0; or it will casue some problems) Set "Used attack index" to something different from "both" option. Now give this "ghost" ability to hero with "Unit - Add ability" trigger. (keep it as item ability, don't convert to hero ability though) Now it should take no space in hero command interface and work as the way you want. If it is about other animations rather than attack; there is a trigger named "Animation - Play Unit Animation (Specify Rarity)" for that purpose. Mess with that a little and you should be able to get what you want. If that doen't help; i think the only other option would be finding a model editor software; exporting the model, removing the desired animations from model and saving the file; re-importing it to the map as a new model.
Sorry, i sort of wrote all this in a hurry, i hope it does help a little.
And another method seems to be like this:
  • Custom script: call SetUnitAnimationByIndex (GetTriggerUnit(), Y)
But I haven't tested out this one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.