• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"Limit construction of (unit) for all players" not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
So normally when I use this function "(Player Group - pick every player in (All Players) and do (Player - Make X Unavailable for training/construction by picked Player))" with heroes, it works. However, when I use this function with a unit instead of a hero, it isn't working, for whatever reason. The unit can still be constructed.

The heroes/units are being sold from a tavern building, but the unit is still in the tavern after this trigger command goes through.

The solution I've had to come up with for now is to make a dummy hero get sold before replacing it with the unit, because heroes can be disabled by the trigger properly while units can't.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Heroes might have special logic to support the tavern in melee. As melee does not limit any other units it is possible that the logic does not work for them when purchased as a "mercenary".

To rule out trigger bugs I recommend giving the player a building which can train the unit normally. If the limit action is working they will not be able to train more than the specified limit number of that unit. If they can train more then this would indicate for certain that the action is not running correctly, such as due to all players force being destroyed. If the number they can train is limited correctly then this must be a game bug that affects hired units, with heroes having special logic to handle the limit.

Status
Not open for further replies.