• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Strike [Wind]

I created this spell for the awesome project Spirit RPG.
Calls down a powerful lightning from the sky to the targeted location. The lightning strikes the earth upon inpact, dealing 75/150/225 damage to all enemies in 200 AoE and knocking them back for a range of 100/200/300.

You´ll be surprised what´s possible with GUI.
Enjoy.

This spell uses my GUI Knockback System.
Further explanations are included (check the trigger editor).
!!!This spell doesn´t use importet models!!!

Keywords:
Lightning, Strike, Thunder, Electro, Wind, Air, Element, Spirit, Doom,
Contents

Lightning Strike (Map)

Reviews
22:58, 19th Nov 2008 Hanky: Once again good work. The use of effects are really nice. The triggering seems to be very good that for it's GUI. The triggering is leakless and MUI. Also the tooltip fit the spell very well. All in all really good work...

M

22:58, 19th Nov 2008
Hanky:
Once again good work. The use of effects are really nice. The triggering seems to be very good that for it's GUI. The triggering is leakless and MUI. Also the tooltip fit the spell very well. All in all really good work I just can recommend it for GUI users. This spell is for guys who want to learn or to improve their GUI triggering or just for guys who don't know how to import Jass spells correctly in their map.

Level 2
y in my opinion its easy to make....coz i made a spell like this one...but the idea with the lightning strike is very fantastic...i think i should take this spell in my map ;)...but i would change something...

Level 18
Review

Spell Review
Info
This rewiew was done by Dynasti. If you have any questions about this review, please contact me by using PM or Profile Visitor Message
Review
Idea/Creativity : 8/10
Scripting : 8/10
Balance : 7/10
Ability Tooltip : 9/10
Efficiency : 7/10

Is Multi Instanceable : []

Final Rating : 39
Rating System
0 - 9 = Unacceptable
10 - 19 = Lacking
20 - 29 = Useful
30 - 39 = Recommended
40 - 50 = Highly Recommended

Viewer's Note
A Verry good spell you have there that uses your GUI Knockback system. I love your spells and keep up the good work. Good job
Possible improvements: Maybe learn Jass? o_O

Level 30
im really, really new at this, but... can you tell me how to do that. (cannot download cause errors.) i just wanna know. if you dont want to the... srry for the trouble.

It´s a bit too complicated to explain it here.
How´s about the pastebin or file hosting sites? Can you download things from such places? I´d give you a link to make a download for you possible.

Level 1
Hey it's me again. I guess I'd like another link. Thanks for the support. How do you use the pastebin? Wow, I ask alot of questions lol. By the way, forgot to say how cool this spell looks.

Last edited:
Level 2
ok^^ i wanted to copy this spell in my map ... but it has so much values :D...it takes toooo much time :) now i know that u took much time to make this spell ;)

Level 6
This took a long time to import but was well worth the effort. 5/5. I now spend sleepless nights wondering what happens if a spell ran both Paladon's knockback and telekinesis system triggers simultaneously...hmmm

Level 2
=] I`ll Use it and Give Credits

Try to Use the Spell then quickly Press "S" (Stop)
It`ll Run the Spell and Override the Triggers
but wont use the abilities itself.

Level 3
Great spell overall. Nice idea and awesome effects.

But i found some rare bugs :eekani:
- At test, three times in a row (Restart map) the trolls in the left corner resisted knockback
- And sometimes units hit by the knockback (mostly melee) is unable to attack (or just don't ) for a few seconds after knockback (1 - 1.8 sec)

Would be easy to fix, but if your knockback system is indeed bugged it would be a shame since your spells are awesome

4/5 -1 for bugs // very MUI Good Job :thumbs_up:

Level 4
Very nice spell, but why all u do is relationed to knockbacks? I know u did all the triggers, they are super-awesome, but u need to create new things and new systems! knockback is getting old, and people dont really use it in real-games, cause knockback is too... OP, if u know what I mean, but GG triggers, 5/5 +rep

Level 7
Simple but great spell.

Rating: 4/5
The spell is simple and clean
The special effects are well chosen
It is a good spell for newbies to learn with
It is MUI and Leakless
Its a good spell

I for one am very pleased that this spell was created, with out it, i would have never figured out how to create lighting effects between dummys in the air and dummys on the ground without useing custom script, or having the dummys invisible, you just set them to .mdl and they dont show health bars? WTF

this spells super useful, 8/10 i learned a fuck ton from this

What a great spell! I have a question about it though. I have copied all the triggers, units and abilities needed for this to work, and it does indeed work.

But I would like to use this system for an instant spell where enemies gets knocked back from the caster. I have tried changing the LS_TempPoint[2] to "triggering unit". It kinda works but the enemies will always get knocked south.

So my question is: What do I need to change?

Cheers.

Edit:
Right, so Im an idiot. Of course I needed to change something in the knockback system and NOT the spell trigger...
I changed "Set KBA_StartingPosition = (Target point of ability being cast)" to "Set KBA_StartingPosition = (Position of (Triggering unit))"
And yes, it works now :)

Last edited:
Level 9
!!!This spell doesn´t use importet models!!!

what do you mean it doesnt?

Anyways I downloaded it: it imported smoothly as any other (hail the GUI kings. lol.)

only problem is the tree's (and supposedly bridges) being destroyed.
I assume you can turn this off? atleast the trees part

edit: i was able to seemingly delete the destroyed-tree's part. you cant cut it or disable it. you have to delete it. theres only one line of it too you will find it it is this: Set VariableSet KBA_DestroyTrees = True (i deleted it.)

BOTH IN THE (LIGHTNING STRIKE) 'page'
also i added a line of GUI:
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

and changed this line (so it scales with agility)
Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Lightning Strike (LS) for (Triggering unit)))) x 1.00) x (Real((Agility of (Triggering unit) (Include bonuses))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

and it all works!

Last edited: