• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lightning Bolt Missile placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Check the unit's object editor values "Art - Projectile Impact - Z".
It's set to 60 for most normal sized units.
Some units, especially taller/smaller ones, have their impact value increased/decreased so if you're using custom models you'd have to change that accordingly.

Level 6
I change the Art - Projectile Launch - Z to 1 and worked right(I mean that the High Elf Paladin fires the projectile from himself), but when comes to hitting enemies with the bolt, it's still high. Is there a way to fix that? Not even setting the 'Art - Projectile Impact - Z' to -240 didn't work.

Level 6
I got the Projectile Launch thing right, but I still don't get with the Projectile Impact option. Can someone help me fix this? I uploaded the map.
The High Elf Paladin is somewhere in the middle(or center).

Attachments

• (6)Andorhal.w3x
    6.9 MB · Views: 51
Level 14
So I just checked it out and it's because the projectile you're using naturally does that. Unfortunately, that particular lightning ball model wasn't set up correctly, and its hovering height is much too high. It's barely noticeable though if you're attacking something tall (like a Granite Golem), but it is very noticeable when attacking something small like a murloc.

Not much choice other than to change the projectile.

Status
Not open for further replies.