• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Light Tauren

A light tauren warrior.

An old model I just polished up for submission a few minutes ago, Hope you guys enjoy it.
Give me credits and Don't modify it without my permission.. You know the drill.

*Improved stomach Wrap
---
*Fixed some problems with head and neck

Keywords:
Tauren, Axemaster, Warrior, Fighter, Axeman, Blademaster, Chieftain, Horde, Mulgore
Contents

Light Tauren (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: Very nice model edit and nice execution. Works ingame and it's a very nice use of ingame textures. TC horns look awesome.

M

General Frank:

Very nice model edit and nice execution. Works ingame and it's a very nice use of ingame textures. TC horns look awesome.

Level 22
Wrap on the stomach looks...odd, to say the least. Also, in the 4th bit of the pic, the head looks a bit off. Good model nonetheless.

Fixed the wrap on his gut now, And his head's rotating in that animation, that's his stand 2

grunt anims?
5/5

No. Custom animation set... Please look at models before you review them.

Nice Model, Good Anims, it's a Tauren, it's great!
4/5

Thank you.

The wrapping is kind of ugly.
Not your best work, but may find uses.

Yup, I noticed. Just fixed the wrap on his stomach. Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.. Please keep it coming.

Level 31
There are a few animation issues, but those can be ignored. The real issue is the head. There are some parts that just look bad. Right on top of the head you have two verticies coming up, with a line down the middle, so you have this M shape. Also, back towards the jaw, there are two veticies sticking out making to triagular planes that lok bad aswell. The neck dosn't connect right, but that could be ignored aswell.
If you have trouble fixing these problems, I could help you with them.

Also, I love how you made the horns TC, brilliant.

Level 22
Actually, I could use some help changing the vertex group that the neck is connected to... Is there any way i could do it in Oinkerwinkle's tools or Magos'? That's all I have access to right now.

EDIT: Nvm, I think I got it now. Thanks for the help feedback. ^_^

Last edited:
Level 4
Overall, I like the model.

However, may I suggest doing something with the horns. Sure...TCing the horns is a good idea, but it looks unnatural and weird the way it's done. Perhaps you could do a sort of design like the line design on the totem, and apply it to the horns? Or maybe a few metal bands?

Level 31
Ok, now that you've fixed that, lets try and make it look more like a tauren instead of a cow head on a peasant.

In vertex modifier, mover the feet up a bit, teh ngrab the very bottom of them and extrude them down once. Fiddle with the geometry a bit and remap them, that will make it look more like hooves.

The waist should be shrinked a bit, and the legs/feet should be sprawled/stradeled out a bit, giving it a more tauren like stance.

There's still a few issues with the head/neck but those can be adressed later.

Good luck.