• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] lifetime of triggers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,

i have got this simple trigger - he is just spawning units every few seconds

trigger1.JPG

the trigger hisself is working well, the problem is - if this trigger got triggered :p

trigger2.JPG

and as you can imagine, he triggers very often the frist trigger is sometimes going to stop

maybe its my bad, but i can imagine that there is a lifetime for triggers or a max number of triggers that can "run" at the same time

well maybe someone knows what my problem is, thx 2 u

Level 2
well i know it's hard to explain - sry 4 the german triggers
maybe, if you have got the time you can simply check it out on your own

View attachment SplitWar.w3x here is the map

everything is working very well, unitl using treants with their regeneration ability - in some waves the units will stop spawning

i think it's because of the -> Waits <- in the for each

however now you can try it if you want to

Level 13
Well normally trigger that are activated are put on a "trigger stack". They will then run in the order they were put on that stack. (at least i think so and there are some triggers which can empty the "trigger stack")

I would remove the "wait" in the loop because that makes the whole trigger need long time to end..

Instead use "rejuveration" as a healing spell and make a unit cast it. (because that spell heals over some time.)

Level 2
@DarkAngelAzazel

i am using the normal wc3 editor, as far as i know i can just give the command to cast a basic spell at a target or a point
if you open my map i used it for the choppers to fire rockets

if this is the only way i want to keep the regeneration spell for another unit, but maybe i am just 2 nooby - is there a way to give the command to a unit to use an selfmade ability on a target?

@Dr Super Good
i am sorry, but i don't really know how to increase a units health regeneration without adding an ability to the unit

the treants should regenerate 5% of their life every 3 sec for 15 sec
dunno how to do this with hp reg - but maybe there is a trigger to do that (don't know)

Level 16
What is you try to replace the (Integer A) loop with a loop with custom integer,, cause it might be because of the waits within a loop, and (Integer A) is a global, not a local variable,,
Try to use the:
"For each integer 'Variable' " action instead of the "For each integer A"

Level 2
hmm haven't tested it that often, but seems to work thx

good to know that this variable isn't private for each loop (as in most programming languages)
thx 4 info man

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Actually, you can make them private in JASS, just blizzard messed up big time when they made GUI. GUI does not display half the capabilities that coding directly into JASS does, which is quite an amazing feet as you are hard pressed to make an interface for a language so poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.