• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Map overloading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Well, I've encountered the weirdest error ever, in my lifetime with Warcraft 3 World Editor... I think the map is overloading...

It's the map HoW (Heroes of War), some of you may recognize this map. Anyway, about the problem. The map has sometimes acted weird, like it lived its own life, do stuffs I didn't want it to do. May this be caused by to many triggers of variables? We currently have 526 triggers and 655 variables and that's A LOT indeed. I'm currently trying to optimize the map and hopefully this will help. So my question is, can the map overload and act weird due too many triggers or variables? Like, I'm using the TempPoint[0]/TempPoint[1] variable in 155 triggers and maybe there's a small chance that it now can be overwrited before my trigger finishes?

Level 19
Yeah, I'm actually trying to use as much locals as possible from now. The only problem is that indexing doesn't allow locals since it requires one "setup" trigger and one "loop" trigger, so I need variables to be available for both. Anyway, instant running triggers I'll try to use as much locals as possible :)

Level 19
You are probably using a lot of array variables, when you can use 2-3 normal ones.
It is the map script that needs to utilize all of the data for 1 array variable, which is 8191 key positions.

You might also want to use local variables created through custom scripts, which will greatly reduce the count, thus allowing to initiliaze much less variables on map start.

Level 3
If you reused the same variable in various trigger array. That might cause some problem i guess. My map have over 800+ variables but most of them doesn't share the same variables. Anyways you should check your backup. And Figure when this problem happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.