• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Discussion - Making almost everything Trigger-based?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, what do you guys think?
I'm asking this because I personally hate/have little skill with the Object Editor. So, for me, it's much easier to just create a dummy item/ability/whatever, with a good-looking model, and then set a trigger to make it do what I want, instead of doing that by editing its properties in the Object Editor.

The thing is.... doing this wastes too much memory for my map? Does it make my map overloaded with trigger stuff it doesn't need?

Should I start learning how to use the Object Editor better or there's no problem in doing everything I need Trigger-based?

Level 7
Things are always more efficient using the object editor. I guarantee you that. To be honest, you should try getting the hang of the object editor if you want to get the most out of mapmaking.

That's why very often around here, if something can be done via the object editor without any triggering, we'll tell you to do so.

Level 7
I think you will save alot of time using the -Object Editor-, using triggers to do everything would lag up the game if there are more then (Lets say 20) units doing the same thing, each requireing that the trigger run for them, while you could have just used the object eidtor.

In short, I'm
+Object Editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.