• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Life after Eastern Region!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
We are getting close to releasing the full version of TKoK 2.0, with everything except the final zone (3 bosses, set items, epic items, more mini bosses, etc)

Afterwards, you will be in the Neburean mountains as you uncover more about the story, for those that do not know the story that is unfolding, be sure to read the quest descriptions and little chat logs that go on. Something big will be unveiled in the mountains that is being kept hidden from the general public.

Join the Elite Guard and help them in their battle to restore peace in Kaliron

The second map will be the Eastern Mountain Pass. It will be a series of caves, caverns, dangerous mountain paths, up to the peak of the mountain to cross over into the central region of Kaliron, where the main castle is.

There will be almost no quests to do inside this cavern except a few main quests to continue the story and give more information about what is happening. The cavern will be similar to old school WoW raids (Molten Core, BWL, AQ40) Linear instances that that a few trash mobs, and many boss encounters. This will be the source of upgrades, exp, and gold. For the sake of speed of creation, i want to shy away from massive amounts of quests, and keep to unique scripted boss counters and non respawning dungeons

Level 1
Just wondering, will you be able to load the heroes from Tkok eastern? Or will you have to start again. It would kind of suck to beat the game and then in the sequel can't load that hero.

If you can load the hero, will you be making it so it is only a save/load map and it is recommended to be x lvl's before playing this map? It would be cool to play a sequel with your old hero but still level up, but it's just a suggestion

Level 34
I think the idea is to play Eastern first, then the mountains, then the main city, and so on.

Will there even be a hero selection for the ones after Eastern?

Level 11
nope, only hero selection will be within eastern, everything else will require a already saved hero

Level 34
I've looked really quickly on tkok.freeforums, but could't find it so...

For later maps, will there be new skills? From what I've gathered, you may even change characters according to who you started with. Somewhat like Ragnarok and other games. Or will you just gain new skills to replace the old ones?

How many people are you trying to make the mountains for? Like what would be the ideal amount in a party? I don't think it should be too high, as it can be hard to get a group, especially if you can't even start a new character.

Level 2
That's pretty nice, but if I'm right, there's a problem.
Since a new map means new items, the maps wont have same Object Database. Which will make people unable to load with their new items in the previous maps. You'll have to add all of those items to every versions which will make their file size bigger.

Also, not being able to load in the previous maps when you miss a part of your set or epic items is pretty bad. Making those items drop on other bosses in the new maps could solve that problem.

Level 2
Really the biggest problem about this is.. to spread and make people play TKOK. lets face it.. not that many is playing tkok and when the players that do start playing the mountain region not many new players will start playing tkok since Eastern Region will be played less (unless ofcourse TKoK becomes more populair) and this ofc meens that no new players will begin playing tkok and this will make finding players for Mountain region part harder and eventually i will stop playing ~~ Thesse worlds spread over more then 1 map has never worked before why would it this time?

Level 2
Really the biggest problem about this is.. to spread and make people play TKOK. lets face it.. not that many is playing tkok and when the players that do start playing the mountain region not many new players will start playing tkok since Eastern Region will be played less (unless ofcourse TKoK becomes more populair) and this ofc meens that no new players will begin playing tkok and this will make finding players for Mountain region part harder and eventually i will stop playing ~~ Thesse worlds spread over more then 1 map has never worked before why would it this time?

The multiple worlds have worked for many mock WoW RPGs. I realize your point but more and more people are playing tkok and there are hosters even with a bunch of lvl 30+ that still host games for new players so everyone has the chance to get characters up. Eastern Region will still be played by new and old players alike as most hardcore players are going to want a char of each class (or almost all of the classes) that is able to play in mouontain pass so you do not have to do the same job over and over and over again. The map is not destined to die like you think. Your "ofc" and "no new players" is making very extreme absolute assumptions.

Level 34
People make new characters, and will level in lower areas. It should work out fine.

But as I already stated, the new maps should be made for less players, as it's going to get harder to find high enough lvls.

Status
Not open for further replies.