• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Library] ChatBox by xD.Schurke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I wanna present you one of my newer systems for my map project Power of Chaos - Xel'Shin.
It's called ChatBox! I actually try to release the finished library this week, there are just some small things left (like documentation and GUI support)
Like one can guess it mainly focuses on interacting with the chat and creating a player customized Chat.
To give you a short preview I uploaded a Youtube-Video:

Features which I plan to include in v.0.1:
- Minimize/Maximize
- Playercolor support
- Playerteam support (Teamchat)
- Move window support
- Clear chat support (Also includes a maximal number of messages shown)
- Full color support (Player can write with different colors)
- Timestamps

Upcoming stuff:
- Emoticons
- Channels

If you got further ideas on things that could be added, tell me so. Feedback in general is welcome.

------------------------------------------------------------
10/14/2010
- Release of v0.1

Attachments

• ChatBoxv0.1.SC2Lib
    38.5 KB · Views: 396
  • ChatBox v.0.1.SC2Map
    25.3 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Level 9
How are you clearing the text as the player enters it? When I tried for this, the stupid timer limit caused fail on BNet. You could see chat for a split second before it came up.

Level 16
@viiva
it's thought to replace the original ingame chat, I actually made it compatible for up to 12 players

@Mooglefrooglian
that's still a problem which sometimes occur, nothing to change this till blizz decides to lower the timer interval:O

Okay nearly finished:
- Color support seems fine, standard text color input (<c val="FFFFFF">TEXT</c>)
- I've added some commands (e.g. "!chat reset" to reset position)
- I'll add team support later, have to find a way to detect ALL/ALLY chat

Last edited:
Level 16
so finally found some time to finish v0.1 ;)

u can find a testmap / library in the first post.

- The version features all stuff I mentioned (except emoticons / channels)
- Full GUI support!

Feedback on this would be nice.
Report bugs or just tell me what u would like to see in further versions ;)

Last edited:
Level 3
Lagless and original.
Great idea, but could be resized to like 300/300 because playing and chatting with such a large box isn't easy.

Keep up the good work! :)

BTW: How'd you make the chat go away without lag? I tried recreating your chat removal trigger, but there's a split second lag which shows the text on the screen and then disappears.

Status
Not open for further replies.