• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Awaiting patch 1.5 and MLG Championship — SC2 action!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
For those of you who enjoy watching e-sports occasionally but have not kept updated, the MLG Winter Championship is here. Without further detours, here is the MLG live page, from which you can watch great StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty action given to you by many of the best players on the world!
Patch 1.5 is being prepared for StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty.
blizz-news.gif
Blizzard Quote
This patch represents the first steps towards the release of our first expansion for StarCraft II, Heart of the Swarm, and will include numerous upgrades and fixes throughout the game. One of the most significant additions will be the all new Arcade feature which includes improved custom game visibility, ratings, reviews, game instructions, screenshot support, and more. Patch 1.5 will also include significant improvements throughout the overall user interface, streaming support, antialiasing, editor and modding upgrades, new art tools, and more. Well go into further details about these features in future developer updates. In this update, I would like to provide some insight into the thinking and motivation behind a few of the upcoming changes.
Read everything here.

EDIT: And yes I know I'm late and this isn't too complete, but Archian had posted the Diablo III news and I didn't want to trample over it. Also, I'm in a hurry right now. :goblin_jawdrop:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I don't know everything that could be done with Magos, but wasn't it mostly animation transference and simple model edits? To accomplish the dream of many of making an universal WarCraft medieval mod, we're going to need more than just simple model edits.

DRG(Z) vs Marineking(T) coming up on MLG!

Level 18
I don't know everything that could be done with Magos, but wasn't it mostly animation transference and simple model edits? To accomplish the dream of many of making an universal WarCraft medieval mod, we're going to need more than just simple model edits.

DRG(Z) vs Marineking(T) coming up on MLG!

yeah but remember that after they release art tools most programers will start making programs like the art tools but more complex since they already got the basics.

Level 22
Marineking(T) destroys DRG(Z) up on MLG!
fixed.

With magos you could do special effects, apply the correct texture if the model doesn't recognize that there should be a texture with it, but cannot do the whole mapping.

What is mostly lacking is ANY tool of ANY language that can export a model to M3 and again making sure its texture/s are with it. If the 3ds max M3 export/import plugin that currently can do a lot of things - attachments, set the textures, set team color - if that were done on a separate tool that would've had a point. So far I use 3ds max only in case I ever decide to export smth to sc2 and that is rare, for anyone who doesn't do all entirely on 3ds max, such tool is needed. What is really the problem is you cannot use anything since you can't export to M3, exporting is the main issue of all, I personally do things related to it almost never.

Level 22
Season 7 has started and:

Match-making to experience changes in Season 7

While it’s awesome that most games are very close, this also means that both players need to constantly be at the top of their games, because the slightest mistake usually means defeat. While we think this is a fun way to play, we’re not sure if it’s fun for every match to be this way.

As a one-season experiment, we will be relaxing the match-making settings slightly in Season 7 to introduce more variety into the ladder. In practical terms, this means you won't always be evenly matched with your opponent. You'll regularly compete with players at slightly higher or lower skill levels, to make the experience more well-rounded. These adjustments to the match-making system will also offer a chance to potentially get promoted more quickly, so stringing together wins versus more skilled opponents could potentially result in faster league promotions.

This is awesome! Instead of having the fixed win-loss ratio which so far was, example:
BEFORE:
make e.g 15 wins more, start matching next leaguers; lose some games, sorry no next leaguers until you reach exactly 15 wins again or even more if you delay too much. Yes - lose because some lamer did some all in and you're back to <15 wins. 13 or 14 wins more won't help you, should be the same difference of wins losses.

NOW:
you lose from some lamer and instead of having to win X amount even after losing you match the higher leaguer, beat him, beat some other HIGHERS, the game ignores that you lost some lame game, you will still get promoted faster than the fixed '15 wins more' example.

Fck QQ whiners 'I'll lose more - play more not to lose...' this is a LADDER! Hope it stays.

Btw HotS multiplayer changes
http://www.gosugamers.net/starcraft2/news/19196-heart-of-the-swarm-multiplayer-update

Last edited:
Level 22
Please, do not quote this image any more, it's horrible :( Also I do not see how it will change anything. In dem few years people may start doing stuff more, when the enlightenment hits them to realize they can do a lot more stuff than in older games, until then nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.