• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lexandritte's Crafts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I'm a bit on crafty side as well... Those don't quite fall under drawing\illustration etc. category, but to think of it, they don't fall under any others as well. I could try 3D model section, but I don't fit that one either.

So far I have only two major crafts:

First one is this chaplet, the birthday present to a friend of mine:

I counted 105 flowers, it took about 15 min to make each, and extra couple of hours to assemble them. Lots of wire as well. Thing is too damn heavy to carry on the head though.

Second one is my art project, the Sword of leaves:

General picture:

Close-up:

On me:

It was fun to carry it to school and walk around in it =)

Materials used: coat hangers (more than 20), some bought and picked up wire, beads, more wire, cheap 5$ belts for holster (4 of them).

Hour-and-a-half wire experimenting -- elven ring:

Start of new project, codename "Dark Fairy". I'm going to post this one in series of WIP shots. So far only one:

Cherry blossom tree, made in a week after elven ring. Made for school contest, after one of jury's saw me making ring and said that first place is guaranteed =)

"Night Sky"

Last edited:
Level 45
i like the leather belt strap thing :).
Im always one for leather straps :)
Perhaps you should design collars, harnesses, sword pockets/belts or cuffs? I just think those things rock!
I have seen some people make some wicked leather masks too! :eek:

EDIT: although im not a mod in the art section anymore, i would say I welcome all forms of art to the concept art section :)

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Pretty neat. Did you do those ornaments on the wings and blade of the upcoming Dark Fairy yourself, or was the metal like that already? Looking forward to the result anyhow.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

That's awesome. You have any larger pieces where you've used the same technique? I like the outcome a lot.

Level 13
Not to be rude, i'm suprised how nice people is to eachother, if this were youtube (WHICH IT AIN'T) people would have been spamming : "It is far too expensive!" "It looks stupid!" "It takes too much time". Nice community. I'll think i'll settle my WC3 Night Elf roots here. Lol.

Level 9
New crafty thing -- collar for ex-classmate. Sent to mother Russia.

Attachments

• DSC06738.JPG
    DSC06738.JPG
    202.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC06740.JPG
    DSC06740.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 102
  • DSC06745.JPG
    DSC06745.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC06748.JPG
    DSC06748.JPG