• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[General] Leveling up a non-Hero skill by buying an item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
It's been awhile since I played with the Editor so I'm pretty rusty. :(

What I'm trying to do is create a building that sells 'Offensive spells'. And after purchasing the spell, the hero is able to level this spell (Non-Hero spell) using an item that we shall call 'Offensive Spells Tome'.

Is there a way so that when I buy this tome, any spell of this 'Offensive Spells' category will be affected?

I'm trying to make a custom hero map (as a fun little map for me and a friend to mess around in) where you are able to create your own hero: One offensive, one defensive, one passive and one ultimate spell. There's gonna be at least 10 spells from each category, so I was wondering if there was a way to sell tomes that level up spells from the same category.

An example would be if I bought Chain Lightning from this Offensive Spell shop and my friend bought War Stomp. How can I make it so that if we both by the 'Offensive Spell Tome', our spells increase in level since they are from the Offensive Spell category?

Also, I know how to allow my heroes to gain the spell after purchasing it, so I'm pretty much only stuck at the leveling up part, because I've never done a trigger that handles multiple spells in the same category o:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
its kinda simple.
when a unit sells a item you check which item that is sold, and give the buyer a ability based on that item. Simple as that huh?

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set item = (Sold Item)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of item) Equal to Ring of Protection +5
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Battle Roar to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Item-type of item) Equal to Amulet of the Wild
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Avatar to (Buying unit)
        • Else - Actions

Level 2
Ah, I'm not looking for a way to obtain the spell from buying an item; I got that part.

What I want to know is if I am able to level up ANY spell that I bought from this 'Offensive Spells' shop by using an 'upgrade tome'?

Meaning to say, if I have War Stomp bought, and I go over to this 'Upgrade tome' shop and bought this tome, I can upgrade it using that? At the same time, my friend bought Chain Lightning from the same 'Offensive Spells' shop and go over and buy the SAME 'upgrade tome' to upgrade his Chain Lightning?

I'm asking this so that I can categorize what I want to upgrade. That means, if I bought a defensive spell like Mana Shield and I bought the 'upgrade tome', it WON'T affect Mana Shield unless I bought another tome called the 'defensive tome', and this tome WON'T affect War Stomp and Chain Lightning?

In a more simpler sense, can I bundle whatever spells I want, call them the 'Offensive spells' group and only have items affect these spells?

Status
Not open for further replies.