• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Level Requirement for item spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Gday my fella, i have some crab problems here.

You may know, that if you have unit with more spells based on 1 ability, it wont work properly because you wont be able to use the second one. I wanted to add some tab with summoning spells, but there are only 5-6 summoning spells and i need around 11. So i decided to make this summoning stuff to Charged items, like Infernal stone. But, item abilities dont requires level like hero´s. So:

Is it possible to add requirement to item spell, so you wont be able to cast it until hero have level of X?

Thanks very much.

Level 13
I don't have the solution to that but I can tell you how you can do it with the original idea:

You create 11 different versions of the spell "channel". Every one with a modified order ID (channel is the only spell where you can edit this order ID)
You make it non target and create a trigger like this:

Event: Unit starts effect of ability:
Actions:
If(Ability being cast = Summon1)
Create dummy, add summonSpell1 (a real one which actually does what the dummy spell is supposed to do)
Set level (if nessacery)
Make dummy cast
add timer to dummy

If(spell = spell2...)
then you can add the 11 dummy spells to a spellbook and your done

Level 7
Hmm, thanks!

But i must say im a noob and i still dunno- Whats a dummy spell?
And About the Channel stuff- You mean hero Channel spell, the one with Death Pact icon?

And last evil stuff- Is there a guide to do this Spellbook things? i still dunno how to create this.

Level 5
I'm not sure if I understood the question right, I'm abit sleepy atm ^.-

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to summon1
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of (Hero1)) Equal to 6
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Else - Actions
EDIT: Scratch that

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Uses an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Inferno Stone
  • Actions
    • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
      • If - Conditions
        • (Level of (Hero manipulating item)) Equal to 6
      • Then - Actions
        • Unit - Create 5 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Hero manipulating item)) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Else - Actions
There, shouldnt this one work?

Status
Not open for further replies.