• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Let's Play Alpha Protocol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Livestream!

It's a spy RPG made by Obsidian (you know, those guys you made Neverwinter Nights 2, its expansions and half-finished KotOR 2?) where you follow Michael Thorton, super spy and all around douchebag!

Although maybe that's not fair, you can play Mike as a professional spy, a suave prick (ala James Bond) or an aggressive badass (ala Jack Bauer), and the game reacts differently to all your choices. And I mean ALL of them. It's all about manipulating people and making some tough decisions, which is what I need you guys for - making the decisions.

Livestream auto-records so I'll just name the episodes later and post the links here. If anyone wants to jump in and do audio commentary, just say so, although I doubt it'll happen. I'm also on chat with some people, so my comments might seem a bit random.

2 PM (June 11): Starting the game!

Episode 1 - Beaking out
Episode 2 - Training and first mission
Episode 3 - Weapon Stockpile

Next episode had some connection problems and split up in two and some footage of boring old combat is missing for some reason. Sorry 'bout that, I'll start the stream again as soon as I can. I'd redo it but that would just bore whatever audience I had.

Episode 4 - Part 1 Part 2
Episode 5 - Part 1 Part 2
Episode 6 - Hong Shi and the Triads
Episode 7 - The Embassy
If anyone wants to comment on Skype/Teamspeak with me, feel free to ask!

Last edited:
Level 27
I've already finished it with a stealthy spy being a sorta mix of 25% suave 5% agressive and the rest professional. It's just not fun playing just by doing one reaction all the time, plus you will fuck up relationships with people while you know you will fuck it up when you act like that so what's the point in that? >.<

And euh.. steven heck is a fucking moron who fucked up my stealth!

Anyways, it ended pretty bad i thought lol XD

Im now playing with an agressive engineer shotgunning and rifling my way through the stupid AI =p I've had quite some changes already when i decided not to kill someone or to side with another faction ending up with me facing a different enemy on a mission or something. I also have a lot more money btw as an agressive type of guy =/

Level 13
Completed it with a sneaky, takedown/sleep dart spy. It's a pretty good game, althought suffering from technical difficulties. Then again, all Obsidian games have great dialogue and story but lack in polish.

Level 11
Shouldnt this be in the gaming section?? :p

lol ne way
so is this game fun? how would you guys rate it? game informer gave it an "alright" score... i was thinking about getting it... but idk yet, how much do u guys like it???

Status
Not open for further replies.