• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lego Starcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
Dude just let it go already, you're starting to look like a whiny kid. Also I think you are missing the point of the video which is JUST to be lego based machinima of Starcraft. No where in the video did I see claim that it was based on gritty hard Starcraft realism, and infact it looks more like it was technology based because as much as I love terran the protoss would probably wipe them out in minutes.

Also if I had to criticize I thought the marines looked like crap and he should have put a UI on the video.
There's a difference between "gritty hard Starcraft realism" and having the Goliaths use the correct projectile against the correct target...

Level 2
Guys, chill out.

I understand pointing out flaws in works such as these, but getting indignant about it is just ridiculous.
Have you guys ever made stop-motion videos with LEGOs before? It's pretty tough, y'know. Give the guy a little credit. I'm sure this could have been a replication of a real match, but then again I doubt most people have the bricks available to construct so many units. Especially given how some of you seem to want bigger, more detailed units too.
All in all, this was a cool project for stop-motion LEGO fun and I enjoyed watching it. Yup, despite silly things like the dragoons decimating that bunker and those goliaths shooting missiles at ground-targets.

If you really consider this the work of someone who's trying to paint himself as a huge Starcraft nerd for unfair instant internet geek-cred, then you're taking yourself way too seriously.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I do not blame the animation, I blame the director. Yes some poetic liscence is allowed but its like showing age of empires and calling it starcraft, they just are not the same thing.

The animation was pretty good, but all in all what it showed needed work. You can not deny that.

Level 40
Guys, chill out.

I understand pointing out flaws in works such as these, but getting indignant about it is just ridiculous.
Have you guys ever made stop-motion videos with LEGOs before? It's pretty tough, y'know. Give the guy a little credit. I'm sure this could have been a replication of a real match, but then again I doubt most people have the bricks available to construct so many units. Especially given how some of you seem to want bigger, more detailed units too.
All in all, this was a cool project for stop-motion LEGO fun and I enjoyed watching it. Yup, despite silly things like the dragoons decimating that bunker and those goliaths shooting missiles at ground-targets.

If you really consider this the work of someone who's trying to paint himself as a huge Starcraft nerd for unfair instant internet geek-cred, then you're taking yourself way too seriously.
A+ for effort?

Level 31
See, that's the thing (by the way, "your worship" was obviously hyperbole). You seem to think that just because someone put effort into something means it should heed no criticism and should be well received by fans.

No. If someone posts an OMG I AMZ STARCRAFT NERD video which clearly shows that they aren't, I'll call them on it. I don't get a hardon just because it's Starcraft, just like I find it annoying when someone says something cliche like "Zerg rush" but totally chokes when you mention anything actually related to the game, because all they know about it is a few recycled phrases.

Ohh looooool ...

A+ for effort?

A+ for how to be nerd?

Last edited:
Level 26
that video was awesome, these nerds are just mad they dont have any creativity. the same way the nerds on TL flamed the threads of Soe
This, my friends, is a fine example of what I like to call Rhetorical Masturbation. The subject has nothing to add, but is not content with simply complimenting the video. No, he must insult opposing parties by extrapolating their views to the point at which he can question their stance without having to resort to complicated and inconvenient things like logic. The subject's view that "they dont have any creativity" is not even reasonable; it's just a desperate cry for attention through ad hominem attacks.

Take note and learn.

Level 22
I know, I know. I dont like pointless criticism on Blizzard but I facepalm when I see someone being like a blind fanboy saying 'Zomg, Awezum, Perfect, Cool' to things that are not, Same goes for post like that of AionCannonzSC2.

that video was awesome, these nerds are just mad they dont have any creativity. the same way the nerds on TL flamed the threads of Soe

When you suck at the game hard, I'll bet 1000$ on that, and I'll win, just dont call those who play hard nerds. I bet you didn't survive long enough on TL before getting banned for retarded posts and insults like you're doing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.