• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legends of the Mist: 1.8

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Legends of the Mist, or LotM for short, is a Moba I made in my spare time.

It has a total of 8 hero's;

Grathrul: Warlock
Pygmy the Tim-Eater: Mini-Minotaur
Percivel Gearturner: Gnome Engineer
Suingen: Werewolf
Lightbinger Liferon: Cleric
Clea Deathstrider: Dark Ranger
Kar the Everburning: Firelord

All with their own abilities!

This map is a 2-lane arena with a boss in the middle of the lanes for players to defeat to earn their team 1000 gold for each person.

NOTE: please remember to manually revive your hero's!

This map has 2 teams of 4 players, Green and Brown, and they must destroy the enemy team's Core to win the match.

(List of all model creators are in the map itself.)

This map will be updated if needed nerfs, buffs, and glitches are found or are required for balancing, so please say the problems you find in the comments so I may patch them. :)

Hope you enjoy the map,

-Nathanam0re

Keywords:
MOBA, Nathanam0re
Contents

Legends of the Mist: 1.8 (Map)

Reviews
08:16, 5th Jul 2014 Orcnet:

M

08:16, 5th Jul 2014
Orcnet:
Shadow Fury;2547547 said:
Well, you could enhance your description with some screenshots (it is optional I know but people nowadays demand them always so it's kinda obligatory now) and you must put a credits' list even in the description. About the map, gonna download it and review it.

EDIT:

This map isn't really promising. I see everything taken from old stuff. Abilities of heroes are old ones, items are just the old ones too with stock maximum 100. The units I hire from the mercenary camp are old units (Archer, Black Dragon, Knight and Mountain Giant). This is completely unoriginal and not professional at all. You need to make every ability, hero and item custom for a successful map.
The terrain looks pretty bad. It is flat and you used the tiles in a bad way. It also lacks of decorative doodads. In the blighted part, I would have appreciated to see skull piles, skulls on sticks, remains scorched, trash etc... You should raise and lower a bit the terrain but don't exaggerate because some people create unnatural terrains, mixing very high raisings with very low lowerings.
I don't understand why every unit is called Minion and there isn't even balance between them. Some have higher attack and armor than others while in such games units from one side should be completely equal to the ones of the other side (well, except for the model used and the name of course).

Follow my tips to improve the map because in its current state, it is unacceptable. For now, I'd rate it 1/5 and vote for rejection.

Level 21
Well, you could enhance your description with some screenshots (it is optional I know but people nowadays demand them always so it's kinda obligatory now) and you must put a credits' list even in the description. About the map, gonna download it and review it.

EDIT:

This map isn't really promising. I see everything taken from old stuff. Abilities of heroes are old ones, items are just the old ones too with stock maximum 100. The units I hire from the mercenary camp are old units (Archer, Black Dragon, Knight and Mountain Giant). This is completely unoriginal and not professional at all. You need to make every ability, hero and item custom for a successful map.
The terrain looks pretty bad. It is flat and you used the tiles in a bad way. It also lacks of decorative doodads. In the blighted part, I would have appreciated to see skull piles, skulls on sticks, remains scorched, trash etc... You should raise and lower a bit the terrain but don't exaggerate because some people create unnatural terrains, mixing very high raisings with very low lowerings.
I don't understand why every unit is called Minion and there isn't even balance between them. Some have higher attack and armor than others while in such games units from one side should be completely equal to the ones of the other side (well, except for the model used and the name of course).

Follow my tips to improve the map because in its current state, it is unacceptable. For now, I'd rate it 1/5 and vote for rejection.

Last edited:
Level 2

EDIT:

Thanks for the critique.

I'm new at this and appreciate the tips and things that are lacking.

I'll work on the minion balancing and idk how to make custom abilities yet. I also fail at custom items, so didn't use any.

I'll fix those bugs and balancing issues later.

-Nathanam0re