• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary Stage Challenge v3.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Legendary Stage Challenge v3.6

A very original gameplay, players get to choose a hero in tarverns and complete 3 stages in order to win the game

Stage 1: Survival Mode
Spawns 4 levels of creeps before boss round, kill the boss to proceed to stage 2

Stage 2: Mass Killer Mode
Kill 100 units and proceed to stage 3

Stage 3: Elimination Mode
Kill Final Boss

Featuring
Game Mode:
-rematch: Restarts the game, from current game play stage to stage 0, each player now selects a hero and starts the game, only usable after stage 1 level 4

Commands:
-random: randomise a hero to the player and gives the player 10 bonus gold for randoming

You can tag along this map and download it at Legendary Stage Challenge, this map can be found in hiveworkshop too

Development:

Stage 1: survival for 4 levels

Stage 2: rushing mode

Stage 3: boss << currently (v3.6)

Stage 4: monsters from all corners

Stage 5: massive boss battles

Stage 6: The Ultimate boss

Stage 7: The Final Boss

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 10
Well I can't say it sounds very original to me, it's just a hero defence with a dual at the end. The first stages don't sound spectacular, especially stage two. Killing 100 creeps doesn't really seem like much of an inspired idea.

Also, what is the fastest player going to have to do... wait until everyone else completes the earlier stages before the dual begins? That would kind of negate the point of racing to the finish, and if it goes to the dual mode once the first player reaches it, that's going to shorten the map time and imbalance the dual completely in favour of the fastest player.

What will happen with this map is that the players will find out which one hero is the most effective overall, always be that hero and then shortly after people will become bored of the game and it will never be seen again.

I suggest you come up with some more inventive ideas for stage design, and mix them up so certain heroes are good at one stage but not so great at another. Just killing mobs is going to give a massive advantage to any hero with high damage and/or speed, as well as ones with decent AoE effect. Also, increase the amount of stages in the game. They don't have to be long in play time, but I think you should have a bare minimum of 6 stages for the players to battle through.

Status
Not open for further replies.