• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legendary item Roll

What system do you want?

• Dialog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Next to Inventory

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Chat

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Okey, ive been thinking of this for a while now and im wondering, how should i make the system?
When a legendary item drops, you choose "Need", "greed" or "Pass". You can only take Need if you can equip the item and it is Need befor greed.
But my question is, where should the options appear? Next to the inventory? Dialog? By entering Chat command?

Dialog
+Looks nice
+Fits with the system nice
+No need to know how to roll, just click the buttons
-The dialog might appear in mid-battle and annoy everyone
-Unable to give your hero orders when rolling

Next to inventory
+looks cooler then the one above
+Able to compare your items with the dropped
+You can wait with rolling until a battle is over
-Need to enter Full screen menu to roll

Chat Command
+you can roll by a simple chat command
+Fast & Easy to use
-Your not able to see item information
-Might spam the chat
-Can only have one roll item at the time
-Easier to forget how to roll

Tell me which one you want to use!
You can also post your own idea.
Spam/Off-topic will get removed if posted.

You must leave a comment when voting otherwise your vote wont count.

Last edited:
Level 9
I don't really like any of those ideas to be honest. Perhaps you should do some text-trackable hybrid? Something like this.

If I become bored one day I could possibly make a script like this for you, but it requires some very advanced libraries.

It clearly stands out in your post that you're looking for a WoW-like system, which I somehow think is bad. We have enough WoW rips already.

Level 17
I don't really like any of those ideas to be honest. Perhaps you should do some text-trackable hybrid? Something like this.

If I become bored one day I could possibly make a script like this for you, but it requires some very advanced libraries.

It clearly stands out in your post that you're looking for a WoW-like system, which I somehow think is bad. We have enough WoW rips already.

I dont know how to make windows like the one you posted that follows the screen to be honest. That is the best solution but i took alternatives that i could make myself, maybe just for temporary use and then replace it with a better one. Is there a guide on how to make such windows? Would be nice to learn :p

Level 12
I said next to inventory. The reason for this is because if you're typing and the dialog box appears, it usually chooses for you while typing when you don't notice it pop up.

I don't quite understand what you mean by next to inventory, though, but it sounds better than the other two for sure.

Level 17
By next to inventory i mean that i will create a "fake" dialog next to the inventory system im making, and it is not connected to the normal inventory in any way.

You must leave a comment when voting otherwise your vote wont count.

... Uhmm... People doesnt even read what i write when voting? They seems to just take the one that has the most votes or something.
We are NOT looking for a system that works like the wow one, we are looking for a roll system that works good and prevent ninjas to steal everything they find. We want to make so that you only can take need if you can use the item and needs it ofc, and use greed when you can use it but doesnt really need it. And then pass if you dont want it at all. We can rename the "Greed" button to something else if you want.

Level 3
Next to inventory

The best by far, its only con is fine by me.

Level 17
Seems like people want it next to the inventory but the votes does not count until they reply why they want it. And since it is only 2 guys that did reply, it is not many enough for me to decide.
And first of all i will try to do something like this:
don't really like any of those ideas to be honest. Perhaps you should do some text-trackable hybrid?
But i will have to learn how to do it first :p

Level 2
Next to inventory

because :fp: I play on Full-Screen-Mode

Level 17
Thread closed.
I decided to follow RolePlaynGamer's tip. Im now working on the system, it was hard to understand what to do the first few hours but now im starting to get the hang of everything.

BTW, the system im basing it on is DGUI created by ashujon on wc3c.net. It is not an gui extansion, DGUI stands for dynamic graphic user interface. Thnx to RolePlaynGamer for showing it to me even though he didnt give me any links. Took a while to find it :p

Status
Not open for further replies.