• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I really need ROLL System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Roll need help

Hey guys how can i make a roll system like World of Warcraft. The player who has rolled the biggest number gets an item?

Level 17
just wondering. It would be stupid if I would make a system for 12 players when he will use like 4.

Level 7
I have 2 computer players that are not playing and 10 players that are controlled by user.. Like dota. So can some 1 make it?

• Angry
Reactions: Rui
Level 17
So you think you are right to post many threads about the same issue only because you need it?

Level 7
Omg i know the basics of the triggers and i know a lot of stuff of the WE but i don't know how to make this. So im asking for your help. Sorry for posting 1 tread with the same topic but in the first tread no body helpt me so i've desided to make a new 1 and i thought some 1 will help me now. Thanks for all your help FFS im leaving this fucking hive right now

Level 23
Because I am who I am...

You could bump that one if it wasnt too long time ago... Anywho a roll system is quite easy. You said youve done the rolling already. I guess, when a player rolls, store the random number in an integer array with the index "player number of triggering player"
I mean, for instance
  • Set RollNumber[Player number of triggering player] = Random integer number between 1 and 100
As it goes to deteminate the highest value you could use a simple loop checking every player index like this:
  • Set WinnerInt = 0
  • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Integer A) Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set WinnerInt = 1
        • Else - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • RollNumber[(Integer A)] Greater than RollNumber[(RollNumber[(Integer A)] - 1)]
            • Then - Actions
              • Set WinnerInt = (Integer A)
            • Else - Actions
I bet you would figure out the last part yourself.

Level 7
Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish, and you feed him for life.

Igor_Z, you're not going to get very far in mapping or in life if you have to practically depend on others for doing your work. My advice is to study some tutorials, look through the GUI functions, and just get a deeper understanding of how to put these GUI functions together.

Level 7
Ok dudes whatever u say cuz im not from england or any country that knows english very well so i don't understand some things but i know the basics. And don't worry im not asking for anymore help im gonna ''study'' tutorials... And tnx again Eccho

Level 17
Ok dudes whatever u say cuz im not from england or any country that knows english very well so i don't understand some things but i know the basics. And don't worry im not asking for anymore help im gonna ''study'' tutorials... And tnx again Eccho
get FF 3 and download the English dictionary or whatever it is. It checks your spelling.

Level 7
get FF 3 and download the English dictionary or whatever it is. It checks your spelling.
I think he was saying he can't read the tutorials very well. But as far as I know, you don't really need to know that much English to understand the tutorials. However, I think his English is good enough to the point that he can probably tell what the tutorials are talking about, and just focus on the examples they provide easily.

Level 7
I was saying that i can't understand variables very well so i can't make some spells. Listen im not here to argue of fight i just joined this hive so some expirienced guys can help me... This isn't a chat channel so we can fight ffs. Just argue all you want

Level 29
I was saying that i can't understand variables very well so i can't make some spells. Listen im not here to argue of fight i just joined this hive so some expirienced guys can help me... This isn't a chat channel so we can fight ffs. Just argue all you want

Well, normally when people ask for help they tend to NOT flame and open multiple threads.

As to not understanding variables, I do not really see how that has anything to do with English.
If you are past grade 5 (you learn what variables are at grade 5 here, if I remember correctly) then you should know what variables are, and it can be explained in one sentence: Variables are objects that can have values of their type.
That's all there is to it. An Integer can have a number value (complete numbers), for example.

Also, you might as well do download Fire Fox, like Huurka said, and then right click with the mouse on a box you can type in and check the "Check Spelling" option, it's quite convenient.

And in an ending sentence, you might want to actually try stuff alone, as it seems (maybe you are) you aren't even trying to make this things alone, and without trying, you will never get anywhere with your life.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Do not post multiple threads about the same issue. You are allowed to bump your thread in an interval of 24 hours. If everyone went around posting 50 threads about the same thing, this place would be a mess. Don't do this again.

I believe this is solved so...
~Threads Merged & Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.