• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Left4Dead 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
You've got to be fucking shitting me. This isn't good news, this is terrible and ridiculous. Its too fucking soon, they haven't even released the god damn SDK so we can mod the first game yet!

Is Valve turning into another EA? So much for fucking "community support" and "helping the community to grow with constant improvements"

Its turned into "Lets milk the franchise!"

Level 10
I guess, for our 50 dollarsworth put into L4D, we got the right to beta-test what they promised us? :p

Honestly, everything that's in L4D2, could and should be in L4D...

I mean, if it'd be an LCD, or even an expansion, I'd buy it, and everything!

But another 50-60 dollars? No thanks :/

Level 15
You mean Left 4 Fail 2?

Biggest mistake ever. I mean, has Valve never heard of DLC? Seriously, all L4F2 is, is Valve taking their Admitedly messed up game, fixing a few bugs, adding some gameplay additions and slapping a $50 price tag on it. Yes, it will be full price, that has already been confirmed.

I'm only sticking with Valve for HL2: Episode 3, after that, or the end of the HL2 series, I am boycotting steam for a while.

Stardock + Impulse = <3

Level 9
Bastards...these motherf*****s f***ing think that they can get away with replacing more characters... Nick and Ellis look like serial killers! Coach looks like, uh... uh... Rochelle looks like... um, well the point is to not replace you're characters or you will never care about you're storyline, people! BioShock has decided to screw its storyline, Dead Rising, indeed. I'm not paying another $120 to get a Chainsaw and melee weapons!!

Level 13
Bastards...these motherf*****s f***ing think that they can get away with replacing more characters... Nick and Ellis look like serial killers! Coach looks like, uh... uh... Rochelle looks like... um, well the point is to not replace you're characters or you will never care about you're storyline, people! BioShock has decided to screw its storyline, Dead Rising, indeed. I'm not paying another $120 to get a Chainsaw and melee weapons!!
Oh for god sakes a sequel can have different main character! Bioshock didn't decide to screw it's storyline (how the hell would you use the Bioshock 1 protagonist again? His story is finished!) The characters in L4D 2 are not that bad either, but they are worse than L4D. The game does have alot of new stuff besides melee weapons, althought I still think it's way too early for a L4D 2.

PS. Dead Rising 2 > Dead Rising 1.

Level 13
No. This is too soon. And noooo... Jack Ryan doesn't have to be dead forever, as Broken Steel changed Fallout 3's ending and Halo Wars broke canon.
You mean Jack from Bioshock? He didn't really die in any of the endings, besides the good ending but in that he died of old age. However Bioshock CONCLUDED his story. There is absolutely no reason why they should still continue it! It's better to work on a new character now.

Broken Steel didn't exactly change the ending, it just extended it, althought in my opinnion this was just stupid. The death thing was a whole lot more heroic choice in my opinnion.

Exactly how did Halo Wars break canon besides some inconsistencies with weapons (and their functions) and armor. Nothing major really.

Status
Not open for further replies.