• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Leak/Efficiency check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys. I'm starting to train myself how to avoid/deal with leaks. Please tell me if the following trigger leaks or not. Also, please tell me if it is MUI or not.

Also, please let me know if there is anything I can do to make the trigger better.

Just so you know, this spell makes the caster ethereal and heals them for x hit points over 10 seconds (via dummy units casting rejuv and banish).

• Accursed State
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Accursed State
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 UNIT_ACCUR_DUMMY[(Level of Accursed State for (Triggering unit))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Blood Mage - Banish (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Create 1 UNIT_ACCUR_DUMMY[(Level of Accursed State for (Triggering unit))] for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at Temp_Point facing Temp_Point
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Rejuvenation (Triggering unit)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_Point)
EDIT: I fixed the facing unit location leak. Thanks marven15.

Last edited:
Level 6
I used Leak Check. It says your leaking two locations. I'm talking about "Temp_Point" facing (Position of(Triggering Unit))".

Level 6
I also experienced that. Did you downloaded the 3.1 version? If you downloaded it, Download the 3.0 version. That will work.

Level 4
Leak check doesn't work for jass because it checks for things that leak and recommends fixes, in Jass there aren't fixes because you shouldn't have code that leaks

Level 4
Just because I'm working in GUI, that doesn't mean that I don't want my triggers to be as efficient as GUI will allow. I enjoy map-making, but am not really inclined to put in the effort to learn JASS.

Despite popular opinion: Functional, Fun, and lag-resistant maps can be made in GUI.

Level 29
Just because I'm working in GUI, that doesn't mean that I don't want my triggers to be as efficient as GUI will allow. I enjoy map-making, but am not really inclined to put in the effort to learn JASS.

Despite popular opinion: Functional, Fun, and lag-resistant maps can be made in GUI.

I'm happy for you that you enjoy making maps.
Anyway, of course good maps can be made with GUI, but most of the stuff you will want to make MUI (can be cast by any unit, any time, without bugging anything) is almost impossible.
And Jass will always be better at coding more efficient codes.

Now about the subject itself, you might as well just learn what leaks are instead of using a leak checker (which is not always right if I remember correctly).
You can read this little explanation I made or find many other explanations.

Level 4
Yea, I've been studying up on leaks with tutorials/etc.

Is the trigger above MUI? I would think that it is since Temp_Point is set and cleared in the same trigger, so it would be reset and re-cleared each time the ability is used.

Also, my answer to the MUI issue is to make abilities semi-MUI. By using arrays, If can make abilities able to be cast by 1 unit/hero for each player simultaneously. I just have to be careful that the effect of the spell is not longer than the cooldown. This limits me to hero arena/maul/aos/etc type maps, but I'm cool with that. Once I get really good at GUI, I might consider learning JASS. Not yet, though. :)

I'm still discovering useful GUI functions that I didn't know existed on a weekly basis.

Level 4
I can't find JassNewJenPack in the tools section. Were can I find it? Also, can I/should I use it without any knowledge of Jass?

Also, is the trigger in the original post MUI?

Level 4
I thought from a programming standpoint that is was impossible for any two triggers to occur at exactly the same time.

Oh, and good to 'see' you again redscores. I hope to run into on b.net sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.