• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lava Waterfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello,

I require a lava waterfall doodad for my dwarven mine themed map and haven't been able to find any. Changing the coloring of water fall models to reddish orange doesn't look very good either, plus they emit splash/wave effects which really doesn't suit lava. If someone could make a simple looking lava waterfall model, I would be very grateful. Thank you for your time!

Level 10
wow... This is excellent! Why don't people make simple useful models like these? The only thing is would it be possible to remove the glow that appears at the bottom of the lava fall? +rep! thank you!!

full

Level 10
So First off if you don't have it, I'd recommend using jass newgen world editor, though it isn't neccessary to make steep cliffs like this. It just has a lot of functionality that the normal editor lacks.

But to make straight cliffs, go to your wc3 folder, open the UI folder, open miscdata, scroll down to MaxSlope and change it to 87. I haven't tried 88, 89, or 90. Not sure if that would make it even steeper or not. Either way, 87 is what mine is at. And heres a tutorial on fancy pants terraining: Advanced Terraining Tutorial

upload_2017-2-13_4-15-41.png

Reactions: ILH
Status
Not open for further replies.