• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Launching loaded units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey Hivefolk, Osyth here. I had this hysterical idea that I wanted to put into my map that deals with a lot of zombies. I made a catapult that basically launches zombies at enemies. Well then I got to thinking and I wanted to make a catapult that would launch any type of unit at enemies and heres the problem i ran into so I thought I would see if any of you had any good ideas that could work out :wink:

So can anyone come up with a trigger system that would let somebody load units into a catapult, then upon attacking a building either move those units or create duplicates of those units at the area of attack. I originally did it so that i would load a unit and then it would just make a copy, but I can only do it for on catapult and I think it would be really cool if you could do it with multiple catapults.

The problems I ran into are obviously that 'units are unloaded from a transport' is NOT a trigger, also I don't think there is anyway to make a unit group of units that are currently inside a trigger. If I'm wrong then please correct me.

Unfortunately I'm only so so when it comes to GUI and not even baby stepping the JASS but I wanted to throw this out there to see what you guys could come up with :p

Level 25
Detecting cargo and consuming it: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/attack-consumes-units-225688/index2.html#post2277587

Attached is something related I made a while back. (leaky and terrible though)

One problem you face is that you need to use the "unit is attacked" event, which means you need to set animation damage point to 0.000 to prevent exploitation.

I've attempted a system to replace attack ground (Attack Ground Event), but it still has a few bugs.

I might just update zombie launcher :)

Attachments

• ZombieLauncher102.w3x
    105.8 KB · Views: 47
Level 2
Thanks for the quick response!! Unfortunately I already gave you some Rep recently haha so I'll have to come back later to do that again. Thanks for the post. I'll look into it!

Status
Not open for further replies.