• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last user activity shown on online/offline info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey there guys, i've had a small idea in my mind lately that could prove to be a useful little feature of the hive (well, atleast for me)
Well, you see, when browsing old threads and resources, sometimes you want to see if the users who submitted/commented on a content are still active. However, doing so can be a boring and slow work, since you have to go to each one's profile and look his last activity from there.
You know that little green/gray dot on people's posts that indicates if the person is online/offline at the moment? I'm quite sure you do. So here's my idea. When the person is offline and he/she has a gray dot, if you mouseover it on any of his/her posts it would show the last activity date for that user, the same information that is written on his profile, so you know if he/she's still active users of the Hiveworkshop.
Well, as with many changes, there will ofcourse be people that are against this change (for whatever reasons), so you could add a toggle button in the user options or something, for the people who don't like the changes .(wonder how they'll take Hive 2 then...)
Well, thank you for reading and consideration. ;)

I like the idea.
Could especially be useful in the resource sections. If you have a question for the creator of a resource you can quickly see if he/she is still active. If not, then it is futile to message he/she anyway.
It's just a quicker way to find information already on the site.

If it can be implemented easily I don't see why not.

Level 7
Hmm. I would like to see the recent activites and such of some users but not all. That would be information overload. So maybe a subscribe like option that gives u info about some users. Just for the initial phase should this idea be approved

Status
Not open for further replies.