• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Last Defense-Hero Idea Submission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, this is a fourm in conjuction with the start of the map "The Last Stand" (which was changed to The Last Defense). This forum will be made so people can submit their charactor ideas for the new hero defense/survival map. If you want more information about this map please go the other forum because I cant spend hours of retyping everything thats been said,but I will give you the basic information on it and how to sumbit chars. and a basic idea of the map.

Original Forum

1)Map Name- The Last Defense
2)# of PLayers- 8
3)# of Computer Players- 2
4)Teams Protectors(working title) - Monsters (working title)

Basic Information:

This map is a combenation of 2 popular map genres. Which r Survivor maps (Troll Tribes,Tom Brown,Ect., where players build buildings, items and other things. The second genre is Hero Defense (Doolmites,HEro Line Wars?,ect.) where each player controls 1 hero to protect a certain object, if the object is destroyed then u lose! I will compare and contrast what this map has in common and what it doesn't have with these 2 genreas!

Surivor:
*Has
-Item Creation ( unit picks up a stick then another stick then a steel bar (triger works) = Flimsy Dagger is created.

*Doesn't Have
-Hunger,Heat,Warmth,Energy, ect.
-P v P ( Players vs. Players)

Hero Defense:
*Has
-A selection of heros which can be chosen, only 1 copy of a hero can be made ( like their can't be to Blade Masters)
-Somthing 2 Defend (Duh! Lolz){Don't know what, tohugh!}
-Waves of monsters ( like what u see in td and mauls)
-Bonus Cash after waves r over.
-Preparation Time between rounds (working on how much)

*Doesn't Have
-Lame Gold or Rigged Hero Cheats
-Overpowered or under powered waves of monsters (like a peasent for round 1 then 50 knights round 2)

( the info. above is from the original forum except some parts were corrected {2 were} )

OK theres the information for the map.NOw heres the information for hero sumbmiting below.

------------------------------------------------------
Information On Hero Submitting
I will brief you in on what charactor submissions should look like and what they should have.Remember this is not an ARENA, we dont want moves that can only target heros. I'll explain below what kind of moves should be used.All heros will have 3 basic moves with 4 levels,1 ultimate with 3 levels and a 10 point attribute bonus stat (dont include that, i will make). So the heros in the maps max level will be 25! Ok, I will also use an example copyed from 131ueDragon.

Q.What moves should a hero have?
A.We want heros to be fun to play so dont have them have repeats of moves (all spells,all buffs,all arures).Make them have like 1 passive/buff, 1 spell/autocast 1 summon/helping(healing,buff,arurea) and ult damaging/summon/helping.

Q.Should we spot misc. information on a hero such as main attribute, attribute points per level and starting stats?
A.THat is a YES, we will need to know all of this information to make the hero to the best of our knowledge!

Q.Should we have a test map with the hero and all the moves ready if it gets voted in?
A.Yes, you have to have a test map showing everything if you are voted in.

Q.How do you get voted in?
A.WE will have the 2 main map amkers (me and 131ueDragon) disscus it as well as other peoples opionion. WE want people to rate all heros on a scale 1-5 plz.

------------------------------------------------------ Hero Example

Name:Human Archer - *Heros Name Here*
Modul:Archer(Human/Ne)
Main Attribute:Agility
Starting Stats:
Strength-14
Agility-22
INtel.-18

1)Use Dagger/Use Bow: Use the night elf druid ability to switch between a dagger and a bow. Make the bowed unit have low health and slow movement. (That's the thing with wc, archers have fast movement, most games archers are pretty slow and have to be protected.) the daggered unit will be pretty fast and agile, but no ranged attack (obvious...) so the hero will be forced to switch to dagger mode in close combat.
Level 1- Move speed %25/ 50 bonus life 10 bonus damage/ 450 range
Level 2-Move speed 20% / 100 Life 15 dam. / 500range
Level 3-Move Speed 15% /150 life 20 dam. / 500range
Level 4-Move speed 10% / 200 life 25 dam. / 550range

*True Marksmanship (Critical Hit)
Level 1- 5% to do 1.25 extra damage.
Level 2- 10% to do 1.25 extra damge.
Level 3- 15% to do 1.25 extra damge.
Level 4- 20% to do 1.25 extra damge.

*Sniping Shot (shockwave): give it a huge damage but very very slow casting... like 5~10 seconds...
Level 1- 150 Damage 300 Range
Level 2- 250 Damage 400 Range
Level 3- 350 Damage 500 Range
Level 4- 500 Damage 600 Range

*Multishot (shoot multiple targets at a time,splitting the damage % between the shot)
Level 1- 2 Shots / 60% Damage Reduction
Level 2- 2 Shots / 50% Damage Reduction
Level 3- 3 Shots / 40% Damage Reduction
Level 4- 3 Shots / 30% Damage Reduction

*Rain of Arrows (starfall): i think you can change the starfall things to be arrows... and maybe this should also damage friendly units or maybe not. if it damages friendly units, its more likely, but it'd kill everything too... Chanleing)
Level 1- 600 Range / 60 Damage a shot / 4 Seconds
Level 2- 700 Range / 90 Damage a shot / 5 Seconds
Level 3- 750 Range / 120 Damage a shot / 6 Seconds

That is a hero example.Also send any questions or information to me by e-mail,pm or post please!

P.S- Add mana value of moves 2 plz :oops:.
------------------------------------------------------

Level 6
maybe the night elf druid abilities do change the moves, but i'm not really sure. if we change to hero ability or something... well i'll test it out. Here's another hero I came up with...

Name: Knight Templar "Galladin the Pure"
Model: Captain/Swordman
Main Attribute: Strength
Starting Stats:
Strength: 31
Agility: 12
Intel: 9

Abilities:

1. Shield Bash *Storm Bolt*: The templar uses his shield to bash his enemy, dealing a small damage, but causing the enemy to be stunned. (I need help with the damage, since I don't know how strong the creep are...)(Since this skill is relatively weak, the mana point for it will be low, and the cooldown time should be almost instantaneous, so you can use this skill over and over. like none~5 mp)
Level 1 - 10 damage/3 second stun time
Level 2 - 15 damage/5 second stun time
Level 3 - 20 damage/8 second stun time
Level 4 - 25 damage/10 second stun time

2. Light of Faith *Healing Wave*: The Templar's prayers cause a beam of holy light to move around his allies, healing them. The light will slowly fade, healing less and less each time it bounds off.
Level 1/2/3/4 - Just use the standard healing wave statistics

3. Cross-bearer's Aura *Unholy Aura*: Make this target the enemy unit and use negative values (i'm pretty sure there is a way to use negative values... i just forgot...) and slow down enemy movements instead of increasing friendly movement.

4. Burning Light *Immolation*: Engulfs the templar in burning light, damaging any those who oppose the will of the gods.
Level -1/2/3/4 - Standard Immolation

5. Portal of Heaven *Rain of Chaos or Dark Portals*: The templar calls upon the heavens for aid, summoning angels to achieve his will.
Level 1 (Ultimate) - Summons 5 angels/200 mp
Level 2 (Ultimate) - Summons 6 angels/200 mp
Level 3 (Ultimate) - Summons 7 angels/200 mp

I'll post more as i think of them
-Blue

Level 6
right. i just sent it to you. not enough people are submitting ideas though...

P.S. did you make that archer or should i make a test map for that too.
-Blue

Level 2
do you want evil heroes 4 your map? if so i can make plenty heh heh heh :twisted: also, with the portal of light, use the paladin revive skill effect over the hero, so the angel comes up arou the hero, swings sword, summons angels etc. etc.

Level 6
yea sure, evil heroes will be fine i think... i dont know where wolf went though. if you can make a unit, please send the test map to [email protected]. thanks

P.S. the portal already uses the paladin animation, and the angel thing comes down. thanks
-Blue

Level 4
Sorry for the delay my internet has been down lately ><. I know ppul aren't posting...i hoped that more people would TRY to sumbit a hero lolz, w/e. Yes, can u plz make the archer heroa dn yes, Evil heros will be good!

Level 6
hmmmm, bad news.... my laptop is down again... god damn laptop... you know i really should have gotten it fixed when i had the chance... instead of just trying to fix it at home and save money... now its like way worse, but whatever... i should have it fixed shortly, though thats only a guess... it could take anywhere between a week to two weeks, though my hopes are that it wont take that long... whatever. hey i can still think of hero ideas. and incase you are wondering how im leavin this message, im using my other comp which we recently formatted because of virus. viruses just get smarter and smarter you know... :x
-Blue

Level 4
Sry I haven't been in lately, I've had a tough time around the house but now I'm back! First Blue can you please try to send the hero to me again!? at [email protected] plz and I've made about 15 rouns of monsters and the monsters! I got help from a friend and now I know how to make monsters drop random items! I'm thinking about going up to 25 rouns/waves of monster + bosses for the Beta version?Well heres what I want to have for the beta version.

Beta Version:
10 Heros + Hero Building (where u get the heros from and this dissapears after so many seconds.)
25 Waves of Monsters + Bosses + Monster Moves
75+ Items + Recipes/Triggers
And all the other triggers used fopr the above!!

Level 2
Do you want the map to have units to kill etc...? or do you want the hero to start out level 10 and have some lvl 10 units to kill. also, when i send you map, ill be to lazy to make the things have lvl 4 for first abilitys 3 for next and 10 atribute, so add that before you go off testing it...

anyway heres and idea
Name:Chaos Warlord *Destron The Black*
model:bloodlord but with 190 red 255 blue 255 green.
Main Attribute: aglilty
Intel:19
Stre:23
Agility:27
abilities:
1= bloodthirst - cleaving attack the chaos warlords thirst for flesh and blood makes him fight so viciousely that he strikes all enemys ripping them apart, rather than simply attacking.
lvl 1: 90 AOE
2:120 AOE
3: 170 AOE
4: 190 AOE
2= Deathstrike - lightning hammer Shoots out a bolt of death that deals massive damage to the targeted enemy, has a 140 AOE and stuns for (Data of level)
1: 190 damage stun 5 seconds
2: 300 damage stun 10 seconds
3: 400 damage stun 15 seconds
4: 450 damage stun 18 seconds
3= chaos spiral - holy light or heal...
the chaoslord uses his chaotic energies to damage a target enemy or to heal a friendly unit.
1: 300
2: 400
3: 450
4: 500
4= Mind warp - charm
the chaoslord uses his powers to control any nearby unit apart from a hero for (data of level)
1: 5 seconds
2:15 seconds
3: 30 seconds

Thats all i could think of, itll take me a while to get it onto a map, im a little busy, but ill try.

Level 3
Hey I have an idea

Name: Pyromancer - "Magmadion"
Model:
Main Attribute: Intelligence

Starting Stats:
Strength:14
Agility:16
Intelligence:22
(Don´t put too high because it be a great disbalance)

Abilities:
1. Fire Blast *Breath of Fire*. Magmadion cast a powerful blast on the enemy. It´s so powerful that the affected takes damage over time.(it depends on the creeps power and hit points)(This would be very powerful ability, so it will cost about 130 mana)
Level 1 - 100 damage 20damage/sec. 130 mana
Level 2 - 240 damage 23damage/sec. 150 mana
Level 3 - 375 damage 26damage/sec. 170 mana
Level 4 - 510 damage 29damage/sec. 200 mana

2. Meteor´s Call *Rain of Fire*. Magmadion calls a wave of meteors to hit the enemy.(I forgetted how I can stun mixing the ability Rain of Fire, so this would be OK)This would have less/more damage and 0 damage/sec., so it would have aproximately 80 mana.
Level 1 - 50 damage 0damage/sec. 80 mana
Level 2 - 75 damage 0damage/sec. 90 mana
Level 3 - 100 damage 0damage/sec. 100 mana
Level 4 - 125 damage 0damage/sec. 110 mana

3. Fire Conscentration *Brillance Aura(you can download a burning brillance aura icon from this site)*Magmadion concentrates in the fire power so he can restore his mana faster.Level 1/2/3/4 normal(exept Level 4)

4. Help Of Phoenix:
Level 1 - Calls two Phoenix(normal)
Level 2 - Calls three Molten Phoenix(powerful)
Level 3 - Calls Four Holy Phoenix(very powerful)

That´s all

Level 4
Thnak god some ppul are finally posting hero ideas!! Thank you alot and if you could please help me out and make those heros + abilities for me in a test map and send them to me so I can easly import them into the map! Thanks!

Level 6
hey, glad to see you back wolf. I thought this project was done with. sure I can resend you that map, and I think I have to recreate the archer (some bug in the skill where it crashes when you turn into the daggered unit...) i should have it by tomorrow. thx
-Blue

Level 4
Nope adn If the project was done I would have it on this site and asking ppul for feedback :lol:
Thnaks and If any1 knows how to make a unit drop a random item that = nothing, please tell me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.