• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hero defense/Hero War/Tower Wars hybrid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hello everyone.

I have got an idea on my mind. (probably the first project i've had the idea of almost the whole map as it should be when it's completed).

The Basics is like a normal hero defense/enfo map.
The stuff i intend to implement to make it original and interesting is:

Commanders

Commanders is extra strong creeps that you are able to send on each other (like a tower wars, but commanders instead of creeps). The commanders has different abilities/auras that aids the creeps that spawns on the opponents side.

Big arsenal of different abilities and functions

You will have loads of different abilities or events, that aids your team, or makes life miserable for the other team.

Visit the other side
(Paint picture attachement describing where the "forest" is)

In the middle of each side, there will be a "forest" with very strong monsters in. Kill all of the monsters in order to get to a portal at the end, enter the portal and you will be teleported to the other side, a timer on 3 minutes will start, and during those 3 minutes, you can fight at the oppponents side and ruin for them. After the 3 minutes all heroes that aren't on their side will be teleported back to the right one.
Don't do this without thinking though! even though it is fun to crush your enemies. But the creeps will continue to spawn on your side, and there is no way to get back to your side until the 3 minutes have passed. And when the last creep in the forest has been killed, the portal unlocks (as said earlier) but you will only have 5 seconds to enter the portal, if anyone is still in the forest after 5 seconds, all heroes in it will be killed and the monsters will respawn. (the monsters will respawn even though no heroes are there as well)

Lots of different items

In a normal hero defense/enfo's there is hardly any interesting items at all. +armor, +damage, +mana regen and at maximum five different recipes. I intend to add lots of different recipes and highly interesting items, unlocking different playstyles for each hero and making the game more fun.

Events

I intend to add different events that occur at random times during a game. Examples is all heroes loose 20 % of their max mana, all heroes loose 30 % of ther max hp, all heroes get hexed for 3 seconds, all current creeps on the lanes gets buffed by bloodlust until they die. Etc. Etc.

Spellpower

Haven't decided about this idea being implemented or not yet. But on enfo's team survival maps, the intelligence and nuke heroes have a bad habit of being totally worthless at the end levels, I intend to add spellpower on different items, giving more nuke and damage on their spells, giving them the ability of actually being of use at the last levels.

Creep buffs

If anyone has played Rabbits vs. sheeps you know what i am talking about here. One building containing different buffs for the enemy creeps for some time, pay some gold and buff up the creeps at the enemies lane with a vampiric aura or extra damage for during some period of time.

Offensive abilities in a new way

On a normal enfo map you have a building with some abilities in that you are able to use, i will have it in my map as well, but with a different system on how to use them.
For each 50/100/150/(?) ( or something like that) you will gain 1 wood (and for each hero kill as well). The abilities will cost wood to use, more wood, better abilities, This will probably end up with your teammates last hitting every creep and hero they can, so i am not sure about how this will be implemented or not.

This is some of the ideas i've thought about, will probably come up with more different ideas to make a extraordinary hero defense map and will update this thread with them. Feel free to post any comments, suggestions, thoughts, hero/item ideas or feedback.

This project has not yet did much progress, i intend to find more ideas of making the map interesting before begin work seriously on this, i have made the beginning lanes, one hero to test with, some basic triggering and some of the spawns, we could say the map is about 3 % done. Any ideas and suggestions are highly welcomed.
(And sorry for my bad grammar and crappy english)

Thanks for your time.
~Elainiel

Update: Have done the first hero, mainly to have a hero to test the map with. Information Below, and i thought one hero template would be good if anyone has an hero idea for me.

FACELESS BEING - DOOMBRINGER VELXAZ

Strength: 14 (+1.6)
Agility: 16 (+1.8)
Intelligence: 10 (+1.6)

icon.gif

Skill 1: Psiburst-
images

The Faceless Being bursts forward, moving to the target point and dealing pure damage around him.|n|n50 damage upon impact at level 1.|n500 damage upon impact at level 10.

Skill 2: Overdrive-
images

The Faceless Being bursts out a wave of energy in an area, destroying mana and exploding corpses, dealing damage to all enemies inside the target area.|n|n5 % current mana destroyed and 20 damage per corpse at level 1.|n50 % current mana destroyed and 200 damage per corpse at level 10.

Skill 3: Psychic Flow-
images

The faceless being's mind is so powerful, that it bursts out psychic energy every few seconds.Damage increases and cooldown decreases each level.|n35 Damage, 3.0 sec cooldown at level 1.|n80 Damage, 1.2 sec cooldown at level 10.

Ultimate Skill: Doom-
skill-3.gif

The doombringer calls upon doom itself, burning the ground around him, dealing damage every second, as well spawning doomlings, that attacks enemies and explodes.|n|n30 damage per second and doomlings explode for 100 damage at level 1.|n300 damage per second and doomlings explode for 1000 damage at level 10.

Haven't come up with an idea for the passive start ability that he should have yet.

Attachments

• Forest.JPG
    Forest.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Level 5
Very nice icons.

Is this gonna be like Hero line wars lition(or whatever it's called)?

The Commanders sound an awful lot like Avatars in HLWL.

Anyways, it sounds like it's gonna be somewhat similar to it.

I would love to help, but I am working on an RPG of my own right now. But I will be happy to test for errors.

Level 25
i would like to help you...
what do you need?

i could help with ideas/ GUI MUI spells /triggers/ and terrain

but i would need more info, about how the heroes should be, how much abilitys, etc.

Help is always appreciated. I am not at home at the moment though, but i will update this post later on today with more information about it.

Level 25
The heroes can be of any theme (not unserious) only demand is that it will stick to warcraft, no future/starcraft/tank models etc. Models and skins are allright, as long as i can approve them, ask me first about it.
The heroes will have 3 regular abilities (level skip as default), one ultimate (gained at level 10, level skip 5), 10 levels on every ability. Hotkeys QWER. I want most of the heroes to have a setup as 3 active abilities and one passive. A decent synergy between the skills. Work both to hero-to-hero fights as well as nuking loads of creeps. They have attribute bonus, 20 levels (+3 at level 1 +150 at level 20). Max level of the hero is level 60. Most of the abilities should be completly triggered. Some modifications of existing skills is allright though.
Attribute gain per level should be 5 with all. (example; 2 agi, 2 int, 1 str per level).
They start with 40 attribute points. (example; 20 agi, 10 int, 10 str at start).
That is what i can think of now, please tell if there is some info you are missing or need to have.
Thanks.

Level 10
hmm ok that is going to take some time... due to i have to learn for an exam.
only ideas right?

i already got a base table:

Heroes

Visual
-

-

Abilities

icon
Description

icon
Description

Info
has yet to come
Story
has yet to come

Last edited:
Level 25
hmm ok that is going to take some time... due to i have to learn for an exam.
only ideas right?

i already got a base table:

-

-

Abilities

icon
Description

icon
Description

Info
has yet to come
Story
has yet to come

Yea, only ideas, as for now. The project is mostly in the ideas stage at the moment, have only done the basic lanes and some minor triggers. Looks like a good table. (If anyone else has a Hero idea for me, you could use this as well).
Ah, and some other information that came to my mind. I might add some ability that each hero starts with, Something simple and that fits with the hero. (A dwarf hero could have the start ability that he gains 3 % more gold from each kill he does). If you get what i mean.
And i might make one lane that is good/holy/pure and the other side will be evil/undead/corrupted, thus will have different taverns for the heroes (good and evil).

Level 10
already updated the overall look of the table.
does the heroes have to be skins/imported models or are ingame models also ok?

do you prefer a high amount of imported things*, or a high amount of ingame things*?
the Ability the Heroes are starting with should be passive, right? something that gives them more depth and functionality.

*by things i mean: Icons/Skins/Spells?/Models

Level 25
already updated the overall look of the table.
does the heroes have to be skins/imported models or are ingame models also ok?

do you prefer a high amount of imported things*, or a high amount of ingame things*? *by things i mean: Icons/Skins/Spells?/Models
I actually prefer the ingame models (since imported models usually takes a shitload of size) But I want some imported skins/spell models/icons beacuse that makes it a bit more interesting to play. But not that many, I prefer ingame stuff, so i can keep as low file-size as possible.
the Ability the Heroes are starting with should be passive, right? something that gives them more depth and functionality.
That is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.