• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Land of War, ideas needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I'm creting a multiplyer scenario for 2-4 players. In this scenario, each team will create their own settlement (city) and so, both teams will atack each other. Between those two team, will be big terrain, where will be monsters and their treasure.
You will be able to build a numerous difrent units, heroes and buildings. You will be able to create walls for defense, statues for incoming gold, elven blacksmith for elven upgrades...this are just three of much more special buildings. If you will need lumber, you will have to create woodcutter who will be able to harvest trees but not gold.
I have some ideas, but I want to hear more ideas from you. I want to know what would you like in this scenario becouse I will try to acept your wishes. Please, post as much ideas, suggestions and similar things if you can.
Thank you a lot for your help! :D[/b]

Level 5
Thanks for reply!
Look! Even if I'm rookie map maker, I will try to create this, but I think that this is realy complicated thing.
-------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to post more ideas

Level 9
hehe, well, i never said it would be easy... ^^
Easiest way is to make a new building there, unconstructed, about 3 seconds after the last building died, that way you'll only have to send a peasant in to repair it, and it'll be back up again. (Also make a trigger which makes the building vulnerable again, as soon as it exeedes 1 hp)

Level 5
Hmmm...now it seems to be more easily as I tought.
But there will be a lot of difrent buildings, so I will have to create a lot of triggers, and that is hard work.
I will see what I can!
But that idea is realy good :)

Level 3
delete the building and begin construction on a dummy building that looks like ruins, then delete the builder leaving it at ruined HP. When the building is completed, delete it and instantly build the original building.
IMO too much work not worth it.

Level 5
I understand how to create this! But let say that the barrack will be destroyed, a dummy building will replace barack. But at the next step, there is one problem. When you will reapir dummy building, barrack will replace dummy building. I will have to create a trigger, that will regonize that there was a barrack before and that it must be placed on the place, where first barracks was.
Problem is, that there will be a large number of buildings...statues, walls, difrent barracks, smiths, watch towers, woodcutter, cathredale and more and more!
There would be a lot of triggers!
Correct me, if I'm wrong!

PS: Can I ask you for something? Can you create an example for me please? If you can, then I will be realy happy! :?

Level 3
Event: A unit dies.
Conditions: none
Actions:

If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
If - Conditions
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Barracks
Then - Actions
Player - Add 160 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
Player - Add 0 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current lumber
Unit - Create 1 Peasant for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
Unit - Order (Last created unit) to build a Barracks at (Position of (Triggering unit))
Wait 0.25 seconds
Unit - Remove (Last created unit) from the game
Else - Actions
=====================================================

IMO I wouldn't take it any further than that. Just not worth it. The buildings at that level of construction look like ruins anyways.

Level 5
Thank you very much for sample :) I will try to do this in my map, but it will take more time at doing LAND OF WAR.
-------------------------------------------------------

For everyone else: please feel free to post more ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.