• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
LOL DSL doesn't come that fast here Shados. Thebest you can get is T1 and that's pretty rare. Most of North America is still on dial up or crappy broadband, and around where I am Cable is the best, aside from the rarity of T1. Unless you count the Unievrsity campus and such where they get T3 lucky bastards.

Level 18
20Gbps standard, mind you it's gigabits not gigabytes, and we Australians (Or at least the ones of us living in Melbourne, best city in the world) would have the same if Telstra had followed it's technicians' - my father among them - advice on future plans for developing optic fibre cables. It would be done by now.

And it doesn't cost much in Singapore because it was all installed by the government, so you choose one of the resellers or the government provider and buy it, and as it's everywhere it's not expensive because of it's so-called "exclusivity", as it is in other parts of the world. And so I envy those Singaporians. Lucky bastards.

-*meow*

Level 36
God damned. Canada, one of the most industrial countries in the world, and we don't have nothing like that. Well, 20 Gigabits is still hella fast. I have a 1.5 megabit connection, but it is still fibre optic mind you. We aren't that far behind. Honestly, America still thinks AOL Broadband is wtfforthepwnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.