• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ladik's MPQ Editor

This tool originates from here

For more information regarding this tool and the MoPaQ format, click here

Editor of MPQ archives in the Windows Explorer style. Can execute files directly from archive, extract files, rename them, delete, create archives, including file compression. Supports MPQs from Diablo I to Diablo III.
Works in Windows NT 4.0 or newer, ReactOS 0.3.14 or newer, Wine 1.3.28 or newer (tested in Kubuntu 11.10).

For the changelog, check the included history.txt file in the zip file.

Disclaimer: This tool is created and owned by Ladislav Zezula. For more information, check the links above.
Contents

Ladiq's MPQ Editor v3.6.0.868 (Binary)

Reviews
00:28, 3rd Apr 2014 TriggerHappy: Very useful tool and has support for some of the newer encryption methods. It would be best to use the author link, though.
Level 4
The limit should be 4GB though, not 2GB. Unless something is up with the format. Still no mention of max filesize on the linked Wiki page.

Problem file here if you're interested: Google Drive: Sign-in

So it's up to Blizzard to fix the issue, then. Otherwise I guess I'd better start figuring out how to convert mdx files to m3...

Level 4
I can't seem to find what you're saying. Could you please translate it for me?

Also, all I can find online about 32-bit file size limits is that it's 4GB, but 2GB for a file containing a data model?

EDIT: I found this, so I guess the data is signed?

Level 19
Yes. 2^31 is 2 GiB, one bit taken by the sign of the number. I meant to include this link in the previous answer: Large-file support - Wikipedia
As Ladik's own documentation suggests, Warcraft 3 MPQs are Version 1 and thus it will abide by the rules which the original game expects. In this case the 2GiB limit.
If your resources don't fit in this size, you'll have to place them outside the map MPQ, inside the game folder and "Allow Local Files".

Level 2
Not really an MPQ Editor issue directly, but more likely your map. It's either protected or not compatible with the specific versions of Warcraft 3.
For the first case, there are several ways to deprotect the map, but it requires a time consuming and sometimes, you'll most likely caught by errors during the process.
For the second case, it's pretty obvious because when you save a map using Reforged World Editor, it will add an exclusive features that were only present in Reforged, meaning you can no longer open it with the older ones. This thread might be helpful for solving this issue.
yay I've found the solution
just adding war3mapUnits.doo, but I have a question,
some of the MPQs have set as "read-only" which will unable to be edited and renewed. Besides of extracting files and create new evaluation copy version, is there another way to solve this problem?

Level 19
Some MPQs are opened in read-only mode because MPQ Editor does not try to repair all the brokenness that results from "protecting" the map archive. It is safer to not write to this MPQ and that's why it's in "read-only".
However if you are willing to invest a couple thousand euros for someone to work on MPQ repair, I'm sure you will find someone from the community or a freelancer to do this work ;)

Level 2
hi guys, it's me again
I loaded a map and it said "an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format"
does this mean the map I try to open was corrupted?
and do you guys know how to fix? I'll appreciate your help ☺️