• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ladiks MPQ editor Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Im using Ladiks MPQ editor
When i extract some files from my map and delete them, map size decreases by 20-ish KB, but when i later add them back in, it increases the map by 1000KB
How can i solve this?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Compact the archive after adding the files. This might not work or be possible for archives that are "protected".

Due to differences in compression settings and libraries used between MPQEdit and WorldEditor the resulting compressed sizes of the same file might be different between the two applications.

Level 3
It was such a simple fix :D Literally 1 click but i just didnt know about it
This is a map i got from the net and wanted to edit. Compacting reduced the original map size by about 50% even with all the added files. I wonder why it wasnt compacted in the first place? Thanks a lot super good

Status
Not open for further replies.