• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kul Tiras Sailor

This is my attempt to make a worker unit for a Kul Tiras or Pirate faction. Uses purely ingame textures, and though it may seem like a small edit, it actually features alot of splicing geosets and wrapping to numerous skins. In my opinion, this is a completed model.

Keywords:
Sailor, Pirate, Deckhand, Scurvy, Scurvy Dog, Kul Tiras, Pirates
Contents

Kul Tiras Sailor (Model)

Kul Tiras Sailor (Model)

Reviews
16:19, 8th Aug 2010 General Frank: Fine and simple model. Works ingame. Approved.

M

16:19, 8th Aug 2010
General Frank:

Fine and simple model. Works ingame. Approved.

Level 15
Well, I believe the majority of it is wrapped well, the only one I would change is the shirt. However, I trawled through the MPQ's, both War3.mpq and War3x.mpq for a suitable texture to act as a replacement. The only ones which could've worked were the Mortar Team or Pandaren ones. However, when I tried those, they looked poor quality. In the end, this texture turned out to be the best looking for the model I was creating.

Level 23
Holy possum! This is one damn useful thing ^^
Though I dont think Kul Tirassians would use something different then Engineers or Peasants, this is still awesome and simply perfect for a pirate map of some sort.

Level 2
Doesn't even have to be a pirate, this could be a generic replacement for the peasant model or a flavour model for a unique peasant. Or it could be a pirate, I'm a genius!

Level 7
Looks to much like the Villager imo, but you can easily fix that by removing his shirt and possibly adding some team color to other places on his boots/gloves to reveal his color a little better. It's still good though just that one complaint.

Level 4
That looks awesome. ive been thinking about adding different races to a map of mine im making. Pirates is one of them. The anchor is an awesome tool to replace the pickaxe too :thumbs_up:

i love it 5/5 but :D why a sailor want cut down trees or take axe :S

Imagine you are a marooned pirate in a pirate campaign, with a few builders, or the sailors of a navy crashed on an island. The Kul'Tiras had to have a way to build up in Kalimdor. This would also be perfect if someone made a LEGO Battles map, the builders for pirates and the Navy looked alot like this.

Level 7
Very nice, could you make a version with the tunic team coloured and without the hat, please?!

Deleted member 237964

D

Deleted member 237964

And another one to my Kul Tiras units collection. 5/5