• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kony 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
I'm simply going to abuse my privilege and powers as admin, and post this as news.

We have over 57.000 members. Please see and share this video!

KONY 2012 is a film and campaign by Invisible Children that aims to make Joseph Kony famous, not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice.

At the same time, you may consider reading the article Drake. linked to below:

Last edited:

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Level 17
Thank you for making it news. It is an important matter that people need to know about and actively do something about it. Whether it be promotion or writing letters or donating to any foundation dealing with these kinds of human atrocities.

Prepare for a lot of naysayers though!

Level 26
15764275.jpg

this picture pretty much sums up my opinion about this campaign. it might be a good idea that people start to care for other people from other countries, but I doubt that catching Kony will do anything there. He can easily cross borders and even if they got him, he still has other dudes under his command. And they might much rather want to do some changes in things like educations system, because at the end they are the roots of the problem. And in my opinion the goverment in uguanda does not really seem to care about Kony, considering that he already does his crimes for around 30 years.

Yeah, sending a link of a video will totally change things there...

Level 14
That KONY organisation will do something i think. I have never heard about child soldiers and all that awful thing in Africa before, nor Joseph Kony. So, maybe people who didn't knew like me will take a part in this organisation and make something HUGE! I mean that only few people knew about that thing before and they probably tried to get heard by someone, but it seems that they failed. Now, the situation is different - many more people know about this, but this time they will be heard by many people who can do something about this and this time things will be way more different. I don't know how to explain what i mean, but... the only thing i can say is that this organisation will do something.

@xRiotZx - dude, why you don't go to Uganda and meet 30,000 child soldiers who want to taste your fking blood and then come back here and make a comment? Also, i understand that violence is in man's nature, but why should many people experience it for no reason? Do you know that Joseph Kony does that just to keep his power among other people, for no cause?

Btw - how should i type the word "organisation"? It always underlines it with red line (marks it as wrong)...

Level 22
That KONY organisation will do something i think. I have never heard about child soldiers and all that awful thing in Africa before, nor Joseph Kony. So, maybe people who didn't knew like me will take a part in this organisation and make something HUGE! I mean that only few people knew about that thing before and they probably tried to get heard by someone, but it seems that they failed. Now, the situation is different - many more people know about this, but this time they will be heard by many people who can do something about this and this time things will be way more different. I don't know how to explain what i mean, but... the only thing i can say is that this organisation will do something.

@xRiotZx - dude, why you don't go to Uganda and meet 30,000 child soldiers who want to taste your fking blood and then come back here and make a comment? Also, i understand that violence is in man's nature, but why should many people experience it for no reason? Do you know that Joseph Kony does that just to keep his power among other people, for no cause?

Btw - how should i type the word "organisation"? It always underlines it with red line (marks it as wrong)...

Hand me a fucking rifle and I'll be ready to meet 30,000 black children. Hell hand me a hatchet. Africa still works on the most basic system, survival of the fittest, that doesn't bother me the slightest bit, and nobody is going to change it because the people who live there don't want your help.

@Ralle: I agree, though I'm glad you said it first, because nobody will flame you lol.

HFR

HFR

Level 22
Hand me a fucking rifle and I'll be ready to meet 30,000 black children. Hell hand me a hatchet. Africa still works on the most basic system, survival of the fittest, that doesn't bother me the slightest bit, and nobody is going to change it because the people who live there don't want your help.

@Ralle: I agree, though I'm glad you said it first, because nobody will flame you lol.

So you're the imperialist fladdermasken met? Well, nice to meet you, chap, how's that native killing of yours?

Level 22
What the hell is this bs 'Kony 2012' is this some new meMEH? I already got annoyed by seeing a 2nd thread about it to take even the minute to find out what it means.

<3 u

So you're the imperialist fladdermasken met? Well, nice to meet you, chap, how's that native killing of yours?

Imperialists occupy, Isolationists stay out of the problems of the rest of the world.

@xRiotZx - ya can't shoot all of them :D Besides - who the f*ck is going to kill a child?! *-* Yea, you know that they will beat the sh*t out of you, but still... it's not that easy to kill a kid.

If it's me or one of them...

Level 22
keep in mind that these "children" no longer has the mentality of children. they are bullied and tortured and brainwashed into being soldiers. they do not give two shits that you are showing mercy.

having said that, they are as good as any LRA soldier. i guess they have to be. so @riot, i doubt you are going to kill many of them.

They are little bitches with AK-47's, if they pissed off a big enough country they would be exterminated... Really I see no reason to fight them though, what do they own that the civilized world does not? They don't even have oil in Africa, to hell with them.

Africa is the most primitive assortment of countries in the world, South Africa is the only place on the dreadful continent that shows any signs of intelligent civilization.

Of all the atrocities and problems in the world, I give the most minuscule shit about Africa.

Level 12
The thing that pisses me off the most is that people suddenly think the people who can make a decision to end this care enough.

Along with the fact that a month ago, if you asked someone who the most evil person ever is, most people will yell Hitler, and now suddenly Kony is some crazy evil guy.

Level 11
I wake up and suddenly 3/4 of the world are social activists.

Welp, this is a good summary of my viewpoint on this:

"So I feel like I need to comment on all this Kony nonsense.

It's nonsense.

But really, Uganda is a terrible place. The government of Uganda is nearly as bad as Kony's gang, and there are tons of warlords and other 'leaders' just like and just as bad as Kony running around. If Kony drops dead/gets imprisoned and tried/or anything else really, *nothing* in Africa will change.

While it's admirable that people want to help Africa, Invisible Children is just not doing it the right way. Oh, and sharing a video/link/webpage on facebook isn't going to assassinate an African rebel leader, believe it or not. Plus, since this campaign is focused all upfront about Kony, all people are going to hear is Kony. If it does succeed, people are going to think "Great, Kony's dead. Everything is peaches and cherry blossoms in Uganda now." and never give Africa another thought.

In my humble opinion, it would make more sense to focus efforts on a part of Africa that isn't absolutely horrible. Lets say, Ghana could work. What's wrong with Ghana? A high crime rate? Oh, but they're one of the largest producers of Cocoa in the world. So there you go, there's already a raw resource that would support their economy. If you could get a decent police or military force in Ghana to clean it up it could be a nice, stable country. Then at least there would be a precedent, a beacon, a show that Africa doesn't have to be downright terrible. Then with any luck, the people of surrounding countries could see that display, and realize that their lives don't have to be miserable. At least it would give them hope, because as it is Africa is just stagnant. It seems like the people don't have any hope, and just accept things as they are, or move out of Africa to a better country.

Just my two cents. Take it or leave it."

~The New Lunar Republic Admin

Level 22
Hitler may have been written to eternity in books as the most evil man but despite all that, he did make some useful control of population and discipline. Just like as much as such regimes are considered bad, they offer definitely more EFFECTIVE living of people. Not that the limited freedom people had was justified but hell, today's world has just a harmful amount of freedom, Internet and all the bs written on it is the perfect example, always needs to be something in the middle, moderate, now it's just on the other pole.

Kony or Cody such funny and unserious names, it's an insult to compare them to Hitler.

Level 12
Hitler may have been written to eternity in books as the most evil man but despite all that, he did make some useful control of population and discipline. Just like as much as such regimes are considered bad, they offer definitely more EFFECTIVE living of people. Not that the limited freedom people had was justified but hell, today's world has just a harmful amount of freedom, Internet and all the bs written on it is the perfect example, always needs to be something in the middle, moderate, now it's just on the other pole.

Kony or Cody such funny and unserious names, it's an insult to compare them to Hitler.

I'm not comparing him to Hitler, I'm bringing out the point that all the "campaign" has done has made people think that he's the next Hitler and that he'll control the world soon if we don't stop him.

Level 22
You are a horrible human being.

There comes a point when every American and European says to their government "Oh fuck off, do something useful."

Going into a shit country, where nothing lives longer than a day, with no natural resources or strategic value, to kill one gang lord, is the biggest waste of fucking resource since Vietnam. Strategically Joseph Kony is not a threat to anyone outside of Uganda. They should deal with their own shit storm of a country.

All of you social activists as -Derp- said need to take a bigger look at the world, broaden your view and get back to us.

@HFR, Godwin's Law so soon?

Level 22
^ Wasn't the US gonna attack Iran, nuclear war or testing the rocket shield sounds more worrying. I had a dream just days ago where I'm some of my family in our villa and I learned there's gonna be a nuclear explosion, then we were packing up to leave the range of the explosion. The problem was, it was only few minutes before happening, when we were about to leave the place and go up the mountains, we heard the wind blowing and the trees shaking, a wave was coming. I said 'it's too late' and when I felt how the wave of the explosion was going to hit us any second as hearing the wind. The feeling was very real - the same as how you'd feel when you're standing there outside and expecting a strike to hit and blow up anything you've known. That was one very disturbing dream.

Whatever is going is on the edge of happening, for now leaders are still keeping peace but it may not last decades.

Level 14
I understand you guys - we don't have to help Africa. But the thing that really pisses me off is that this Kony dude murders innocent people FOR NO FUCKING REASON. I don't think that murdering people in order to keep your power among the living people is a reason to kill...

If only the assassins from 'Assassin's Creed' were real..

Mechanical Man said:
Anyway, I'm more scared about crazy Israel now, they are so eager to start a new war like it's a game. And in this case, this would actually affect YOU! And me too.

No worries bro, the last time they attacked my country, this guy helped stop them .. temporarily:

nasruallh197087.jpg

Level 22
Has anyone listened to the asshole who made this, I was watching a CNN interview with him... And he said that he met Kony in a jungle, he was chasing him for hundreds of yards, until he finally arrived in a clearing, where Kony stood up, (he was wearing a totally white suit (LAME)) and stared at him, and then a bunch of bushwhacking midgets (kids with guns) came out of the bushes around him and flopped over to Kony.

Why was he wearing a white suit?

Why didn't he shoot this fucker in the face?

And why was he in the middle of nowhere and not his camp?

Why would a warlord try to elude and English ass who he would normally kill and cannibalize?

This story makes no fuckin' sense... Don't believe me, search the web.

Level 16
The shit that bothers me is that if Kony has been abducting kids for 26 years, why do people suddenly give a shit? On top of that Kony has been MIA somewhere in Congo since 2006. Good luck finding him.

And $25 for a fucking invisible children T-shirt? Bullshit. 70% of the funds received by invisible children goes straight into pocket. Of the 30% that goes over, only 11% helps people. THe rest goes to warlords and military. And the worst part is that Invisible Children technically qualifies as a non-profit because of the amount of money they give away, despite the fact that the employees are making actual fucking money off of Africa's problems.

Fuck sensational journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.