• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Konstrukt_SniperEffektAttachment

Keywords:
sniper effect
Contents

Konstrukt_SniperEffektAttachment (Model)

Reviews
General Frank: (Approved) [09-29-07] Works ingame. Very nice for your Marine models.

M

General Frank:

(Approved) [09-29-07]

Works ingame. Very nice for your Marine models.

Level 1
Not quite sure how to attach the effect, I am not sure I follow the idea of basing a dummy spell from slow orb or the like. Do you think a bit more explanation could be thrown my way? Thanks.

Level 1
Volte:the dummy spell means to use an effect that will show every time the unti attacks. slow orb is an attachment to a weapon, so by using slow orb as a base spell and changing the model to this, you can put it on the weapon. remember you also have to make sure the unit with the weapon has this "dummy" spell. unfortunately, i cant seem to figure out how to make it ONLY display when you attack...im working on it tho

Level 18
Wth, this isnt workin for me...when my marine shoots with his sniper the bullet comes from the side of him, not frm the gun, and when he lies down, the bullet goes from above him, not even from his gun, and the sniper Effect attachment dosent even show up when i use the dummy orb, and this happens for the machine gun,chaingun and all the others too... =/

Level 1
Wth, this isnt workin for me...when my marine shoots with his sniper the bullet comes from the side of him, not frm the gun, and when he lies down, the bullet goes from above him, not even from his gun, and the sniper Effect attachment dosent even show up when i use the dummy orb, and this happens for the machine gun,chaingun and all the others too... =/

This problem sounds like it's your own fault, try following this link
:fp:Attachments and Special Effects. There's no guarentee it'll work,but it might help fix your problem.

Level 4

You can change where the bullet is launched by changing the "Projectile Launch XYZ" in your Object Editor for that unit. As for the dummy orb I'm not doing it that way because my unit has an "attack ground" option, and when you use an orb effect with attack ground the game crashes.

Instead I use the trigger "Special effect - create (this) special effect attached to the weapon of attacking unit" for whenever my unit shoots. But the effect lasts way too long! it stays on his gun for maybe 5 seconds before it disappears. I tried using "Wait 0.5 game time seconds" followed by "Destroy last created special effect" but that didn't work. This is a nice effect and it would be a shame if I had to use something else. Does anyone know how i can make the effect just flash for a short fraction of a second?

Level 4
Ok heres wat u do Events: A unit is attacked
Conditons: Attacking unit equal to (the unit u want to attach effect to)
Actions: SpecialEffect - Create a special effect attached to the weapon of (Attacking unit) using (your effect attachment)
Special Effect - Destroy last created special effect

Now after that ur gunna want to go into Gameplay Constants and change the decay time for effects to iether 2.00 or 1.00. wichever after that ur done