• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kodo Tag .04Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
This it the remake of the wc3 map 'Kodo Tag'

This is a video of the gameplay
It is appropriate to skip the first 3-4 minutes, because it becomes fairly redundant (when in single player)

If you played Kodo tag x-treme, then you know how it is different from other tags, and can skip the fallowing
Things that differentiate this from other tags
  • Your primary job is to maze and run
  • It is player VS AI, so no one has to "take one for the team"
  • Basing gets you killed (at the end of my video, this is shown)
  • In my opinion, it is more fast paced.
  • More excitement
  • Currently there is no teching, however, once added, it isn't nearly as important as mazing.

So the three main things you do are:
Maze
Run
and Save, something not shown in the video.

Mazes are built by "walls" that are spaced 1 space apart. This is done because the pathing of a builder is 1x1, so it can fit through, but a kodo has a pathing of 2x2, so it can't, where you can.

You run slightly faster then the kodos, however, this doesn't mean you can just run.

In the game "Sentry Scramble" The pathing of the flames made them more often then not, join the other flames, then get in front of you.

[RANT]In this, they often go out of their way to surround you, caused by them spawning in the center, and at some point, the quickest path to you is from the front.[\RANT]

The last main feature of this game is "Saving"

This is not shown in the video, because, i am the only player.

When a player dies, a marker is spawned for them at the center of the map. When another player runs into the circle, you are revived, and have a second chance.

So to sum it up, if you just maze, you will get surrounded,
If you just run, you get surrounded,
So combining these two, with saving dead allies, you might just survive!

Things i need help with
Kodo models!
Upgrades!

Also, my map can be found on SC2Mapster for download -- http://www.sc2mapster.com/maps/revenge-kodos/

Although, it is already an out dated version (not much changes between versions though).

Level 4
Why Kodos? Starcraft II not good enough for you or something?

Try using infestors, templars or some other awesome unit. Juse because it used kodos in WC does not mean it must use kodos in SC.

Well i am using ultralisks right now, so i feel, that you made that post, while barely reading any of it. (I also state i need a kodo model).

But really, the kodos are my monster of choice. I could/would have done something different, except sc2 severely lacks models. WC3 had the hydralisk model, why can't sc2 have a wc3 model or too?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
why can't sc2 have a wc3 model or too?
You mean maurdin, sylvanis and the abomination are not enough WC3y stuff? Yes they are not available now but should be available for free by christmass as part of the free blizard dota map (bound to come in a mod with it). Blizzard already has flagged this as a fault and so by HotS we should have many warcraft models which were remade (not crappy wow ports missing textures).

I was actually asking why it has to be a kodo.... In WC3 it was a Kodo not an ultralisk so why not make it an ultralisk in SC2 instead of a kodo. There comes a point when a lack of inovation could ultimatly be detrimental to your map as does a kodo model actually do anything a SC2 model can not?

Level 4
You mean maurdin, sylvanis and the abomination are not enough WC3y stuff? Yes they are not available now but should be available for free by christmass as part of the free blizard dota map (bound to come in a mod with it). Blizzard already has flagged this as a fault and so by HotS we should have many warcraft models which were remade (not crappy wow ports missing textures).

I was actually asking why it has to be a kodo.... In WC3 it was a Kodo not an ultralisk so why not make it an ultralisk in SC2 instead of a kodo. There comes a point when a lack of inovation could ultimatly be detrimental to your map as does a kodo model actually do anything a SC2 model can not?

Cool to know about the new models!

Also, i believe other people are already making ultralisk tags.

And i haven't found a single kodo tag, and seeing as i have never actually played sc2 ladder (i ain't no sucka!) So it would be painful/difficult to find a model.

Also, i would like to point out, that this was originally called "Revenge of the Kodo" It was going to have a complex story line where the ultralisks, relatives of the kodos, found out about the horrible experiments that were enacted on them. So they have found the ancestors of the oppressors and are hunting them down, kind of like a prequel to Kodo Tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.