• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Knockback Spell Targeting a Point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I can and have made knockback spells using the casting unit as the "pusher". They are essentially variations of Thunder Clap (you can download my Lightning Blast Spell off this site. It's quite good actually, and the latest version should have all the bugs fixed). Anyways, I'm having trouble doing this for a spell targeting a point. I tried creating a region and moving it to the point being cast and essentially using that as the "pusher", but that didn't seem to work. Any non-jass suggestions (I'm not learning it yet, but I will begin to soon, as soon as I have a good grasp on Java, which shouldn't take long).

Level 11
I don't really get what you want? You want to push all the units from that point back? Well, it's the same as you did with the point being the position of the caster. Just replace the (Position of (Casting Unit)) with the (Target Point of Ability Being Cast). You might need to use a variable to store that point.

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.