• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

K'Nawa

Hey there! It's been a while since I last made a texture, over three years to be exact. I'm thrilled to share my latest creation, which I made exclusively for The Hiveworkshop's 31st Texturing Contest. This time, I decided to tackle a humanoid dragon texture, something I've always wanted to try but never got around to doing.

Despite not having worked on textures or used Photoshop in the past three years due to a career change, I'm surprisingly pleased with how this texture turned out. I stuck with the classic green color for the dragon because I felt it still looked great.

As for inspiration, I didn't have any specific source in mind. I gathered various images from Pinterest and combined them to create the final result.

For the texturing process, I relied on 3DCoat for per-pixel painting, which allowed me to add intricate details. Photoshop came in handy for making adjustments, polishing the texture, and incorporating team color using alpha layers.

I used BLP Lab to convert it from TGA to BLP format. Lastly, I utilized War3 Model Editor to capture high-quality screenshots of the texture.

Participating in this contest and creating this dragon texture after such a long break has been truly exciting. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed working on it! Don't hesitate to ask if you want to get started with texturing, I'll be glad to help if time permits.

poster-copy-png.434439
poster-copy-png.435763
Contents

K'Nawa (Texture)

Reviews
Archian
Approved as a contest entry. May get another rating at a later date.
I've always adored your style. So clean and elegant. And this is a testament to that.
I was lucky to have been able to collaborate with you in the past. You're an inspiration - I had some of your material in mind while making my own entry. Keep being awesome. :) <3

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Added to contest entries! Good luck in the contest :)

It was a pleasure seeing you in action again and following your creative process.

I hope your new career grants you everything you wanted out of it :)

And I hope to see you in the next contest ;)
I'm doing well and I really love my new job now. :) I will join the next contest if there is, just mention me out.
I've always adored your style. So clean and elegant. And this is a testament to that.
I was lucky to have been able to collaborate with you in the past. You're an inspiration - I had some of your material in mind while making my own entry. Keep being awesome. :) <3
Thank you for the compliments. That's so sweet of you. I don't mind another collab ;)

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Absolutely lovely. I too have had the pleasure of collaborating with you on a Contest, and the result was just as good as what you put out here. Love seeing the 'behind the scenes' on your process as well.

I almost feel like this could make a great addition to @Gluma 's excellent Lizardman race pack. Maybe a different style but still.

This is a brand new resurrection of this Lizardman-demon 🤌

Though my sensibilities are pinned to the OG WC3 textures style I highly value the mastery of such a skin with a great artistic vision, color smoothness and details, great work 👍

Can't pick between Vinz and you now, can the rest guys beat your reskins? Gonna be a hard fight!