• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kirin v1.1

KIRIN
"DISAPPEAR WITH LIGHTNING!"

Import Guide :
1. Make sure to tick "Create unknown variables when pasting trigger data" in Preference
2. Install GUI Spell System from the official source
3. Copy and Paste all object editor related abilities and buffs
4. Copy "Kirin" folder to your map
5. Configure all related stats at Kirin Config
6. Configure "Kirin" main ability to your desired unit in Object Editor. ENJOY!

Spell Description :
Charges a powerful electricity in the air around designated point. When the electricity is fully charged, unleash a powerful thunder that deals damage to all enemies in 500 area of effect. Takes 5 second to channel and disruption will discharge the thunder prematurely at reduced damage.
|cffffcc00Level 1|r - 100 damage.
|cffffcc00Level 2|r - 200 damage.
|cffffcc00Level 3|r - 300 damage.

Spell Information :

• Uses SpellEvent by Bribe
  • Simple, with no effect overload
  • Based on Kirin Spell with changes
  • Proudly copied for proper use with Sharingan /sarcasm
  • Since it's copied, it's weaker than the base /sarcasm 2
  • Spell triggers can be seen with the viewer
Media :

Change Log :
Added a lightning effect and pre-explosion effect

CREDIT:
Spell System: Bribe

If you like this work and wish to support me financially, you can support me via Ko-fi.
Contents

Kirin (Map)

Reviews
MyPad
Notes: The spell-caster has to channel the entire ability for its' total duration, and it cannot do anything else. (Is this behavior intended?) Nitpicks: Perhaps damage could be inversely proportional to distance. (You can make this a configurable...

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Lovely! Anyway, did anyone allow you to use my jutsu? :p

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Ok ok. I'll burrow one of my sharingans to you. You need to use it to perfect the jutsu :p

Notes:

• The spell-caster has to channel the entire ability for its' total duration, and it cannot do anything else. (Is this behavior intended?)

Nitpicks:

• Perhaps damage could be inversely proportional to distance. (You can make this a configurable part)

Overview:

• The spell is quite simple, yet I do not see any instances leaking here.
  • The concept of the spell is solid and oddly familiar, which affects its' originality. The spell's simplicity in implementation may be the cause of this.
  • In real-time gameplay, it is unlikely for the caster to finish channeling the spell due to stuns, ensnares, and disables that abound (though this is also configurable).
  • Damage dealt, as stated above, could be made inversely proportional.
  • Yet, the spell works, and is MUI, as far as my tests show. A nice example of SpellSystem being in use.

• Approved

Last edited:

Notes:

• The spell-caster has to channel the entire ability for its' total duration, and it cannot do anything else. (Is this behavior intended?)

Nitpicks:

• Perhaps damage could be inversely proportional to distance. (You can make this a configurable part)

Overview:

• The spell is quite simple, yet I do not see any instances leaking here.
  • The concept of the spell is solid and oddly familiar, which affects its' originality. The spell's simplicity in implementation may be the cause of this.
  • In real-time gameplay, it is unlikely for the caster to finish channeling the spell due to stuns, ensnares, and disables that abound (though this is also configurable).
  • Damage dealt, as stated above, could be made inversely proportional.
  • Yet, the spell works, and is MUI, as far as my tests show.

• Approved

It's intended for full duration. It's configurable by making the ability in Object Editor not disable other abilities.

Nice idea, I'll add that when I have the time.

Hehehe, must thank Bribe for that.
Yeah, it's pretty common concept to be fair, just slight creativity difference.
True that.
Alright.
Mostly from Spell System for that.

Thanks for the approval.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Simple. needs complexity. originality.
Adding special effects doesn't make it more complex, maybe a bit more original.
In my humble opinion, this spell needs some kind of special after damaging the enemies, like a buff reducing armor or movement and attack speed, something related with the electric discharge, that's up to you.
Else we can all agree that this would be just another spell with damage and some spell effects like many others out there. Don't take it wrong but it just bores me so much when sometimes I look at some parts of spell section and they can have the "amazing math" and "special effects" complexity, but in reality they don't do anything other than damage.
In the context of this spell I think it is missing something like a buff. I'm pretty sure it will make the spell more appealing and even more original.

Adding special effects doesn't make it more complex, maybe a bit more original.
In my humble opinion, this spell needs some kind of special after damaging the enemies, like a buff reducing armor or movement and attack speed, something related with the electric discharge, that's up to you.
Else we can all agree that this would be just another spell with damage and some spell effects like many others out there. Don't take it wrong but it just bores me so much when sometimes I look at some parts of spell section and they can have the "amazing math" and "special effects" complexity, but in reality they don't do anything other than damage.
In the context of this spell I think it is missing something like a buff. I'm pretty sure it will make the spell more appealing and even more original.
Thanks for the criticism. I'll take a buff effect from the discharge into consideration.