• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kirin Tor Guardian (Reforged)

Captain type unit for Dalaran faction.

Based on the Kirin Tor Guardians from WoW, this art specifically used as reference:
https://www.artstation.com/artwork/dOr263

The unit and many more awesome assets will be a part of the upcoming WarCraft II Reforged campaign:
[Campaign] - Warcraft 2 campaign (reforged)

Technical:
- Assets used: Captain, Antonidas, Caine, Archmage, Swordsman, Brigand, Mountain King and Lesser Voidwalker
- Model assembly and textures by me
- Shield visibility and emission effects by Tamplier777

Icon coming soon...
Contents

Kirin Tor Guardian (Reforged) (Model)

Portrait (Model)

Reviews
Level 2
Ok this is one of those more than perfect models.
Congrats mate, it's awesome in every way, I mean, that shield is so thematic, damn!

Level 6
Hey thank you for this amazing model :) I made an icon for it if anyone needs it, here you go

Edit: I reworked the face, especially the eyes to make him look less evil. I also fixed some lightning and shadows. Here is the updated icon

BTNKirinTorGuardian.png
DISBTNKirinTorGuardian.png

Attachments

• BTNKirinTorGuardian.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 39
  • DISBTNKirinTorGuardian.dds
    42.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Can't you make a similar one for the classic warcraft?
Wouldn't be useful for the project, nor am I much interested in that at this moment. But maybe someone like @Asssssvi can. In fact his Kul Tiran models were what inspired me to make the first HD footman and captain edits.

Level 1
Some of these reforged models half dont work. No matter what pathing I do, most of the models textures don't load, they're just a solid color. Not every model I've downloaded does this, but some do. Anyone know what to do, I've spent 2 hours trying to do literally 1 thing lol. Googled like 20 different versions of the issue I'm having. Everyone just says "oh put BLP or some generic thing. But non of that works.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Some of these reforged models half dont work. No matter what pathing I do, most of the models textures don't load, they're just a solid color. Not every model I've downloaded does this, but some do. Anyone know what to do, I've spent 2 hours trying to do literally 1 thing lol. Googled like 20 different versions of the issue I'm having. Everyone just says "oh put BLP or some generic thing. But non of that works.
for easy importing save your map as a folder then just drag and drop the assets here to the hdwc3 folder in your map-folder

Level 6
A very perfect model, but there seems to be a problem with its shield, which appears white in WE~~

Level 2
First of all let me say the model is great! One of the recent patches has broken the shield texture / emitter, making it appear nearly all white. Any chance for an update to fix this?
1704902561945.png