• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

KingdomHearts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Introduction: Kingdom Hearts: Seraphic String
Hello HiveworkShop Community, I'm Algren aka XDragon, and I got something that might interest some of you.
Kingdom Hearts Seraphic String (KHSS for short) is a multiplayer PvP game, thats main objetive is to recreate the gameplay of Kingdom Hearts, using the limited but powerful WarcraftIII:Frozen Trhone engine. or higher in order to run.This game is currently in development by me (XDragon) and Derby20. and it is on it early test stage (version 0.018) far away from even an Alpha stage or Beta.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About the map features: (F.A.Q)
0.This game is an Adventure Rpg Map?
- Not on this stage, you only can battle another characters multyplayer simultaneously.
0.1.How many players can play in multiplayer game?
- There are only 6 slots to play with, so you can play with 1 to 5 people more, but in the future, you'll be able to play up with 11 more people! (12Players in total)
0.2.I'll be able to play Solo?
- You can, but there will be no Ally-Enemy players to battle with.
0.3. So, there are no player BOTS?
- Currently there aren't, If the players demands to add bots, we will add them for sure.
0.4. I'll be able to play this Online? and How?
- Yes, you can play trough Battle.net, Garena, or VIA hamachi
0.5. I'l be able to do Missions/Quests?
- Not in this stage, later we will add this feature.
1.Should Ill be able to play as Sora or another KH character?
- Yes you can, at the moment are only 5 chars.
1.1.Who are those chars?
- You can play as Sora, Roxas, Cloud Strife, Sephirot, and a new character!
1.2.You will add [X] character?
- It depends, if the public demands are enough to add him/her sure will do; But don't spect adding/requesting Disney Characters.
2.I will be able to Jump like KH does?
- The jumping system is not exactly like KH does, you have to click the Spell/Skill named Jump and then click the place you want to jump into.(the Hotkey for jump is E)
3.Is there another way to move my character than right-clicking the place I want to move?
- There is another way, you can walk with the arrow keys.
3.1.Can you put WASD instead of arrow keys? because WASD its way better.
- WarcraftIII engine does not support detecting WASD for movement, but theres a tool that switchs the arrow keys for WASD.
4. Does the camera looks like KH games?
- Well it most like KH, but not at all.
4.1.The camera sometimes is annoying, anyway to change it?
- In the early game stage you cannot change it, but later we'll add the Zoom function.
4.2 How to rotate the camera?
- You can't rotate the camera yet, later we'll add the function so when you press ESC key, you can toogle with camera rotation with arrow keys. and normal camera for movement.
5.Ill be able to do Combos/Limit Break skills, and spells like KH?
- Yes you will. but it is in early stage, right now Combos and Limit Break are not yet incluided, some characters have their own special skills/spells.
5.1 What are those special skills/spells you mean?
- Those are unique skills/spells, many never seen in KH, like Cloud Strife, he has thunder spells, and the skill he did to defeat Sephirot in FinalFantasy XVII:AC, Omnislash.
5.2 Some of this characters does not have [X] or [X] Spell/Skill/Form!
- Sorry if they haven't, some of this Spells/Skill/Form are in WIP, or were forgotten to be incluided.
6.There are Worlds like Agrabah, Twilight Town,etc?
- Not in this game yet, theres a new place to play, which is a Dark Forest.
7. There'll be heartless, bosses or any other non-player enemies to beat?
- Not yet, but there'll be bosses for sure, that will drop something special.
7.1.They'll drop Munny and/or Heart points like KH?
- Sure they'll do.
7.2. If I beat another player, what it drops/gives me?
It'll drop only munny, and the enemy player you beat, will lose that munny.
8.What if I die? I lose the game?
- No it won't, you'll only lose some munny, but not the entire game.
8.1.So after Dying, what do I have to do?
- Wait till your character revives in 15 seconds.
8.2. Where/How do I revive?
- Currently you'll revive on a random point in the map, later we will see where.
9.There will be weapons, gears, and [X] items?
- They will, except the weapons, they will be like amulets, that boost the player strenght and skills, but they will not show.
9.1.Its missing [X] and [X] or this Weapons/Items!
- Sorry if they haven't, some of this Weapons/Items are in WIP, or were forgotten to include them.
10. Where do I get this Map?
- Currently, theres no way to get it, because its in early stage, but its open for Private testers to play it.
10.1. I wanna become a Tester!
- PM me and I'll give you a questionary, depending on the answers, Ill be sending you the Map.
Extra.There will be star sparkles when I hit someone?
- Don't spect that, that makes the map childish, instead, you'll see some blood, or lots.
Extra.1.What does it means Seraphic String?
- Well, the title of the map is not permanent, it may change.
Extra.2.There is/are KH music themes in your map?
- No, because if there were, map size would be over 8MB,use your own music,or use Wc3Styler by and put some KH music or whatever.
Extra.3.Is this map protected?
. Yes, it does.
Extra.4.What is the file size of this map?
Currently is 1750s Kb or so.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now Some Screenies of the map itself!

ChangeLog
06/01/10(v0.016)-Proyect Started

Credits
Thanks to:
Kola (BTNArcaneBolt)
Infinitynexus (BTNBallSpark)
cedi (BTNAstralLightning)
The_Silent(BTNBlinkV2)
NFWar (BTNJump)
Riley (BTNstamina)
Kitabatake (ElvenSword, Buster Sword)
DWX (BTNSora)

Special Thanks to:
MF_Andreich (Camera System Jass Version)
[Paladon] (Jumping system)
[Paladon](GUI Knockback System)
Rmx (Cosmic Twist spell)
Squiggy (Thunder Blade spell)
Palaslayer (Storm Strike Spell)
Kero (Omnislash AC version)
Zerox (Sora, Cloud, Roxas Models)
Judash137 (Sephirot Model)
Vexorian (Wc3MapOptimizer)

Another Thanks to:
Midiway (Wc3Styler)
Shadow Daemons (ButtonManager v1.8)
Magos (War3ModelEditor)

Kingdom Hearts ©Square Enix,Disney Interactive.
Warcraft III:RoC/Warcraft III:TFT ©Blizzard Entertainment
Map/Game Developers: XDragon and Derby20, Zerox.
What do we need:
Story writer, because there's no story currently.(Must know KH plot)
GUI/JASS (not Vjass) triggerer for spells.
I think thats all for now.
Have some Questions/Comments/Ideas/Suggestions or want to help? PM me or post it here.
I'll be updating this thread for sure.
Theres a public net via Hamachi to play, name: 'Seraphic String' pass: '1234789'
Guide how to use hamachi:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/darkcry/hamachi_eng.htm

Last edited:
Level 2
Narrator: The game version is far away from Beta (v0.018), but if you want to test it, just PM me and I'll send you a questionary, depending on the answers, you can become a tester or not.
And about a SinglePlayer adventure: it might be a good idea for solo gameplay, it may work if we add a save-load system so if you want to battle with other players you can just load your hero; but this feature we will add later;.
The terrain, for sure I will be updating it, made it from a scratch.
Thanks for posting:thumbs_up:
And thanks for the +Rep, my first rep point. :3

Last edited:
Level 20
Alright I'm subscribing to this thread. Looks like it's progressing along well from the screenshots. I didn't make Sephiroth though. Your probably using the one made by Judash137 from what I can tell. If you want I could try programming an AI for your heroes you have so far. I'm a decent AI programmer and have done AI players in my own maps in the past. Sadly my shining gem that had been my best work and finished/playable map got corrupted by what I assume was a corrupted model someone sent me. Sadly I hadn't ever saved a back up in some time and lost the map and I haven't redone the map since.

Anyway keep up the good work. Thanks for using the models.

Level 2
Spoontoobig: Thanks! :grin:
Xarwin: Thank you for suscribing in the Trhead, I am not alone in this proyect, and the hive helped me a lot.
Zerox:Fixed the credits section, thank you for the models(they are awesome!:thumbs_up:), and if you want to make the AI players, you are welcome, Bots may necessary for testing, cause playing solo, and no way to level up to test the other skill, its kinda boring,but theres two little problems:eek:ne is I think there will be a problem for Bots with the Jumping Skill,second is I'm waiting the other developer, (Derby20) to send me the unprotected map, cause he is working on it this time; and thanks for suscribing.

BTW for all: if anyone uses Hamachi, my Domain name is:Seraphic String Password: 123456789

Level 20
Alright well let me know when your ready for me. I agree the jumping skill may be hard to do. But I have an idea of how I might be able to make it work. Besides they're AI players. They obviously can't always be as good as a human player. Though I have made an AI for a footy map where they created heroes, used them, and worked as a team among they're allied fellow AI players. They even beat me and a group of friends sometimes. Not so say they were unbeatable because they were I just made them work pretty efficiently.

Level 6
7. There'll be heartless, bosses or any other non-player enemies to beat?
- Not yet, but there'll be bosses for sure, that will drop something special.

no heartless!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe im mistaken but um isnt beating the crap outa the heartless the whole point of the game?

no heartless!!!!!!!!!!!!! maybe im mistaken but um isnt beating the crap outa the heartless the whole point of the game?

There's always the Nobodies! (Crap, been a while since I've placed this game, forgot what they were called) - they looked cooler if you ask me anyways (white crosses are always in style).

Anyways looks good so far, I happen to enjoy the series very much too. If you need any game music I'd be happy to make some up for you

Level 6
Well how is blood going to circulate in something that has no heart? How is something that doesn't technically exist have any blood?

well since there wont be any heartless we wont have to worry about that now will we? everything will have a heart, unless he does actually use nobodies which may have hearts? idk i never was really into kingdom hearts 2 the first was so much better in my opinion.

well since there wont be any heartless we wont have to worry about that now will we? everything will have a heart, unless he does actually use nobodies which may have hearts? idk i never was really into kingdom hearts 2 the first was so much better in my opinion.

Well I think the second one was a bit better then the first, but not as long (also the story starting getting a bit weird, weirder then the first) as the first. I think combat was much more fun in the second but the first one had better level design. They overall balance out.

How can it be kingdom hearts without either or both Heartless and Nobodies lol?

Status
Not open for further replies.