• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom Tournament: The Rising Tide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Kingdom Tournament: The Rising Tide

Team:

Killzerker

Old Partner: Kingofjunk

Biography of the map:

I started the map about two years ago, around that time it had a different concept of being a dwarf survival map. The concept quickly died out as I had no further interest in pursuing it. I started a lot of projects over that time which I quickly lost interest in, but now I’m back into making this map. The map is still the same concept of being a 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 vs 2 hero survival, but not only being limited to dwarf heroes. So I have no clue what the start date was but I only know now that it’s getting closer to Beta.

Concept of the map and mechanics:

It’s a hero survival map with teams of two heroes per lane (5 teams in total); there are 16 heroes in the map all with different variety of spells (still being revamped GUI and Jass), Terrain is finished, modes such as easy, normal, hard, Armageddon, spell caster towers, legend summons, defense tower, item and recipes, and team power up vendor. The objective is to last the longest without losing all of your teams lives and at the same time making your hero more powerful.

Max Level for heroes is 50, All ability's have 10 skill levels, Ultimate has 8 skills levels, Attribute bonus has 12 skill levels, and they all come with unique starter ability's.

Heroes

Currently 16 which are:

Defiled Assailant, Gryphon Rider Champion, Disciple of Natrelem, Cathedral Guard, Harpy Sun Witch, Thunder Watcher, Arcane Battle Fighter, Gold Miner, Urikin Warrior, Blood Monger, High Elven Avenger, Iron Wolf, Temptress of the Sea, Goblin Destroyer, Tauren Juggernaut, and Puppet Master.

There will be more heroes of course and some may consist of being completely offensive to other player heroes.

Features

Modes:

All modes affect the damage and health of the creeps that spawn. The number of lives your team has as well.

Easy Mode:

Handicap is set at 75%, Damage reduced by 75%

Normal Mode:

Handicap is set at 100%, Damage is set to 100%

Hard Mode:

Handicap is set at 125%, Damage is increased by 125%

Armageddon Mode:

Handicap is set at 175%, Damage is increased by 175%

(Modes are still under maintenance of gold, lives, and other ability's)

Legends

12 Different Legends

The purpose of them is that they can enhance the creeps difficulty adjustment as in adding abilities to them when the legends are close. Only 1 legend per lane. Players can only summon 1 legend at a time

Some of the legends are....

Thuzan - The legend of bashing giving nearby enemy units get the chance to bash the hero.

Tide - The legend of evading giving nearby enemy units get the chance to evade.

Bruthemoore - Has the ability to reanimate corpses (Not an aura though)

Coves - Gives all nearby enemy units permanent invisibility

Daven - Increases the health regeneration of nearby enemy units.

Duthuren - Gives nearby enemy units to deal damage back toward attackers.

Lerigle - Gives nearby range enemy units increased bonus damage.

Malthek - Gives nearby enemy units increased armor

Orpa - Gives nearby enemy units increased damage (Of course it wont be at the same base as Lerigles aura)

Tha'kul - Increases nearby enemy units attack and movement speed.

Valeric - Gives nearby enemy units melee and range life steal attack.

Saika - Gives nearby enemy units the chance to evade and critical strike. (Of course the evade wont be at the same base as Tides aura)

Defensive Towers

They are still a work in progress, but they are currently the stash for your items. You cant build them there is one given to each player if they;re playing.

Items and Recipes

All the base items are done, 3 recipe vendors are done. I'm just on the final recipe vendor which wont take me too long to finish.

Team Power Up Vendor

Has 7 power ups which all last 15 seconds, have their own gold cost, and they consist of

50 Bonus strength, 50 Agility, 50 Intelligence, 100 Armor, Double Damage, Regeneration, and Speed

Future Features

- There will be an option for the items to have recipes or not have recipes, as some users don't like recipes. There will probably be a whole new set of items for that option.

- Random Events option which will have its positive and negative effects, such as every 10 minutes of game time something spontaneous will happen like: "The next 5 seconds all heroes damage will be boosted by 100!"

- There will probably be items that can only be bought with kills, or combination of gold and kills.

Beta

I'm looking for some people for Beta for the first 20 levels I've made im planning to make it 100, and seeing if im going in the right direction with it so PM me if your interested and will set a date.

Inspiration

Enfos team survival I think is one of the greatest team hero survival maps of all time, it is balanced in its own way, but i just think their heroes could of used a lot more work.

(Pictures will be added later)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.