• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Big news the new Kingdom Hearts trailer was just released, Kingdom Hearts 2.8 and boy oh boy does it seem to drop some major hints for Kingdom Hearts III. ^^

Alright so if you're not familiar with the lore or need a refresher here's the summary of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and I'll try to make it as short as possible, if you want a full summary of the story I suggest this informative video:

So the short explanation to understand the first video is this, the body of Ventus is destroyed and his heart (soul) is connected to that of a young childs named Sora. Terra on the other hand is corrupted by darkness and is about to be sent into the realm of darkness, Aqua however pulls him out but falls prey to that realm in his stead. This doesn't mean that Aqua becomes a pawn of the darkness as Terra did but just that she ends up living in a world of darkness for at least a decade she still remains a true keyblade champion and is worthy of her title by withstanding a seemingly endless tide of darkness.

That brings us to the trailer, in it we first Aqua standing alone, falling backwards into darkness, this is pretty self explanatory, this represent her sacrifice to save Terra but the interesting part is that after the darkness she sees a light, the heart of Sora.

The second point of interest is when we're shown the true organization 13, in order to form the ki-blade 13 seekers of darkness and 7 seekers of light are needed, indicating that Aqua will be one of those 7 who brings the final fight to Xehanort.

Third is Sora, in the beginning of the trailer we can see him stretching down his hand as a child to grab something or someone, considering the context this almost certainly seem to be Ventus. However in the end we see his hand again this time as a teenager stretching out to save Aqua, it seems that Sora is the bridge for Aqua to get into this world.

And lets not forget that Aqua is without a doubt the strongest weapon against Xehanort that exists as she is the most senior existing keyblade master still alive who opposes Xehanort and she in addition has more experience fighting him than any other alive.

So are you guys hyped for Kingdom Hearts III? I know I am. ^^

Level 24
Not surprised, I can clearly see Larxene in your art signature. ^^ Aqua will probably do what she always does, save all the people around her who are too incompitent to stay alive on their own. *cough* Terra *cough* Ventus *cough*

Level 15
Yes! Aqua back in action! I always feel sad for her, make me wanted to cry each time saw Aqua, Ventus, and Terra. Aqua seems like sacrificing a lot with no good result. Also, on the early trailer, when Mickey said "I know Aqua. I met her in realm of darkness." with classic normal expression. I thought "then why the hell you wont save her!!"

Anyway, do you want to make a Final Fantasy XV theory thingy?

Level 24
Yes! Aqua back in action! I always feel sad for her, make me wanted to cry each time saw Aqua, Ventus, and Terra. Aqua seems like sacrificing a lot with no good result. Also, on the early trailer, when Mickey said "I know Aqua. I met her in realm of darkness." with classic normal expression. I thought "then why the hell you wont save her!!"

Yeah I love her, she has the Heart of Samwise Gamgi, the physical prowess of Aragorn and the wisdom of Gandalf. ^^ But yeah tat's a good question, Ansem the Wise has escaped from the realm of darkness twice, Riku twice, Sora once... How come Aqua hasn't found her way out. Although by this trailer it looks like she'll be saved by Sora.

Anyway, do you want to make a Final Fantasy XV theory thingy?

A fan of my theories I see, thank you. Sadly I've never gotten too much into Final Fantasy, the only one I ever played was X-II (Not 12 but the follow up of 10.)

Level 15
Ow, usually Kingdom Heart is packed with Final Fantasy, but thats fine.

Hmm... I think I only interested with Aqua in KH3. Really want to know what will happen. I not really interested with Sora's story. I think he just a main character who want to save the world. Unlike Ventus, Terra, and Aqua story, also Roxas story.

I just hope this Kingdom Heart 3 story is not really dark. Squareenix turn their game to really dark story, especially FFXV. At first it looks like a fun happy story, about a young king to be married, and some war between 2 kingdoms. But the end is totally diferent, unexpected, creepy :( I think Birth by Sleep is already really dark for a kingdom heart game. And 352/2 ending is kinda creepy o.o

Level 24
Ow, usually Kingdom Heart is packed with Final Fantasy, but thats fine.

Sadly I never got into the franchise, I guess I was too busy playing Spyro, Ratchet and Clank and Devil May Cry when I was a kid. I do really like the Final Fantasy characters in the Kingdom Hearts franchise though.

Hmm... I think I only interested with Aqua in KH3. Really want to know what will happen. I not really interested with Sora's story. I think he just a main character who want to save the world. Unlike Ventus, Terra, and Aqua story, also Roxas story.

Sora has sadly gotten a little worn out, he's the protagonist in basically every game, the only game where the story doesn't center around Sora is Birth by Sleep. I think however my favourite part about Kingdom Hearts II was organization XIII and their mysterious nature. That group had some genuinely interesting characters like Xemnas, Vexen and Axel.

I just hope this Kingdom Heart 3 story is not really dark. Squareenix turn their game to really dark story, especially FFXV. At first it looks like a fun happy story, about a young king to be married, and some war between 2 kingdoms. But the end is totally diferent, unexpected, creepy :( I think Birth by Sleep is already really dark for a kingdom heart game. And 352/2 ending is kinda creepy o.o

Well, when Aqua does come back we know with absolute certainty what her first destination will be, Castle Oblivion. Lets just hope her defences have held up and Ventus is untouched by Xehanort. The other alternative is that Ven is one of the members of the true organization XIII... Just as long as we're not greeted with "the princess is in another castle" I'll be fine though.

Level 24
Sounds cool I'm definitely going to play around with the color variation a bit though the design I'm already a huge fan of, fighting with Aqua always felt to me like being an unstoppable force of power and grace. Sadly I don't think cat ears are going to contribute to that but there are still some great options in there so I'm more than happy, I'm super excited. ^^

Level 24
My big question with the kingdom hearts series is why the main console ones are still PlayStation exclusive? I am guessing its some long running deal Disney, Square Enix and Sony cut.

Good question I certainly wouldn't mind this being introduced to the PC "master race" as I don't own a PS4 although this might actually force me to buy one since Kingdom Hearts II was literally 60% of my childhood. So many memories of dying over and over again to Sephiroth...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The only problem I have with Kingdom Hearts is that I grew up on classic Disney cartoons so seeing characters like Donald Duck, Goofy and Mickey Mouse in the role of a main supporting character in a semi-serious Square Enix RPG looks very off. Although I do admit that as far as a game featuring those characters in dominant roles goes it is probably the best games, especially for Donald and Goofy. Mickey Mouse had some timeless classics like Mickey Mania which despite being dated are still hard to beat.

Level 24
Well Mickey was never a favorite of mine anyway, I think Donald should have been given the role as king. Although it's not like Mickeys role is bad he's just not present constantly. And to be fair they probably made it the best way possible, had they made a Disney character the protagonist then the Final Fantasy universe would have seemed useless and the same way around had they made a Final Fantasy character the protagonist. So making Ventus into the protagonist (Kingdom Hearts Theory: What's so Special About Sora?) of Kingdom Hearts is in my opinion the best move they could have made... well aside from making Aqua the center of attention. (Lets admit it, she's far more awesome than Ventus. ^^)

Now I've done some investigation into the video and here's what I found, one of the very first things we see is Aqua fighting... Aqua... Seems to indicate that maybe after living in the world world of darkness for so long she has to fight her own darkness... maybe? (If you thought the last trailer was cryptic than this one will blow your mind.) We do see Aqua finding a mirror in the realm of darkness, it is possible that this works the same as the mirror Roxas found in Twillight Town, though that was a digital world so what do I know...

HXFexoJ.jpg

Next thing to bring up is the realm of Darkness where we can see our knight in shining armor, Aqua accompanied by none other than Mickey Mouse... This seems to imply that maybe Mickeys connection to Aqua has allowed him to find her in the realm of darkness... maybe? But then why wouldn't he have used that when he was in the realm of darkness after Kingdom Hearts I? Next up we have Ven and Terra walking into what seems to be a forest of thorns... maybe the final frontier against Maleficent? Later we see Aqua catches up to Ven and Terra, Terra seems confused by the fact that Aqua can see him, meaning that Ven probably can't. What adds fire to that is how Ven reacts or rather doesn't react when Aqua calls out to them, Ven just keeps starring into the ground like nothing has changed, he probably doesn't see Terra or Aqua at all. A shot of the friendship tree on Destiny island is used which probably just tells us that the power of friendship can overcome any darkness, which is the driving theme in this game series.

But lets talk of the elephant in the room, this shot:

nUFlcDa.jpg

Ah... time travel, how you mess everything up... If you're not aware a very common suspect when it comes to the true Organization XIII is Terra-Xehanort, during a time span prior to Kingdom Hearts I and after Birth By Sleep there existed a man called Terra-Xehanort who was Xehanorts heart combined with the body of Terra. You see Xehanort has the power to time travel because he learned it... from his future self... seriously? Anyhow he has gone around in time collecting different versions of himself, we already knew of Xehanort, young Xehanort as well as Xemnas and Ansem and now it seems the fifth copy of himself has been confirmed to have time traveled to the present time-line... Oh time travel how I hate you...

As for Soras secret, who knows what it might be, I would argue that it's probably rescuing Aqua togheter with king Mickey as we do see him stretching out his hand to pull Aqua out of the the darkness in the previous trailer as well as receive the Master Keeper in the first E3 trailer of Kingdom Hearts III. But ultimately though what his secret is or practically anything seen in this entire video. At heart though I'm a theorist which is part of the reason why I love Kingdom Hearts, it leaves lots of room for speculation but at the same time is so complicated that it sure ain't easy to make a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.