• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King & Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
King & Queen

by Richardsteel

Currently in beta

King & Queen is an AoS focused on keeping the action and players in one area. The objective is to kill the enemies main boss (the King or the Queen) with 2 other main bosses and a few mini-bosses you must get through to reach them. I'll probably institute a point system which would give points for completeing optional objectives, allowing the game to be won in a variety of ways. Story Link: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/f291/king-queen-104352/

Features:

Heros

Max Level: 50 ; Ability Max Levels: 10 ; Many custom heros and abilities.

Example Heroes(I'll add more of these over time):

The Sorceress - A Master of All Elements

Psionic Storm - Creates an electronic storm that damages nearby enemy units for a duration of time. If the energy particles wander close enough to an enemy unit, they will inflict extra damage. The storm depends on damaging enemies to stay active. When one of the spirits self-destruct, they will deal damage.

Frost Chain - The sorceress releases a wave of icy particles that hit and solidify enemy units in its path.

Nether Chains - Creates a rift connected to nether world. Every second strikes out a negative energy, that jumps on random targets.

Ultimate - Conflagration - Summons several rounds of fire bursting from the ground, dealing large initial damage, and minor damage after the effected units wander from the Conflagration.

Items

Vendors located near the center of the map with many custom items

Item Concept: My basic idea with items is to customize your hero without allowing players to stack up on one particular stat or bonus. Instead, they must use a variety of stats, bonuses, passive, and active abilities to customize their hero for their play style. Thusly players are limited to one of each type of special item. They can get more of the component pieces, but not the items they combine into. There are armor sets which consist of a helmet, chestpiece, and leggings which combine into an armor set with more stats and armor than all the individual pieces and a passive ability. Weapon sets are similiar but consist of 2 weapons and have an active ability. There are 12 armor sets and weapon sets to choose from, each with different stat distribution, armor/damage bonuses, and abilities. There are boots of speed and gloves of speed with 4 or 5 different ways to upgrade each. There are rings which have an active ability roughly equivilent in power to an ultimate which can be upgraded up to 10 levels. There are orbs which grant different typed of attack bonuses and can also be upgraded up to 10 levels. A level 10 orb and level 10 ring combine into 1 item with the bonuses of both, maybe stronger than each (I can't exactly remember). Armor sets, weapon sets, special boots, and special gloves can be enchanted. There are 3 enchantments to choose from for ea. Each can only have 1 enchantment but the enchantment can be changed. Enchantments cost a lumber in addition to gold which is gotten from killing enemy heroes or bosses. I plan on adding enchantments for orbs and rings along with further advancement of each type of special item. I also plan on adding team specific items which become available as team quests are completed.

Portals

Located in the rear of each base which teleport that teams players to the vendor zone, in order to keep players in the action.

Flag Capture

The flag begins in the center of the map. Kill it to pick it up then run to the circle of power near your forwardmost boss to capture it. If it's not captured within 1 minute it's returned to it's original location. If the flag carrier's killed by an enemy player, that player gets the flag and the timer restarts. While the flag's captured the controlling teams heros get a buff increasing attack damage by 10%. The flag can be taken from the controlling team at any time. If the boss at the flag dies the flag is reset to it's starting location.

Gold Mine

The gold mine in the center of the map can be captured by controling the elevated zone in the center of the map. A team must have more heros in this zone than the enemy to gain points toward capture. The score is on the scoreboard. Each team loses 1 point per second, and gains 2 points per second for each hero in the zone above the number of enemy heros. When a teams score reaches 50 and the gold mine is uncontrolled they caputre it. If the controlling teams score reaches 0 they lose it. Controlling the gold mine grants that team 5 gold per second distributed amongst that teams players.

The Arena

The Arena is near the center of the map, opposite the vendor zone. When 2 opposing heros are in the arena the gate closes, all other units are moved out, the competitors health and mana are set to 100%, they're abilities are cooled down, and they have 3 minutes too kill each other before they both die. The winner is rewarded with the arena reward (shown on the scoreboard). The reward is 500 gold plus any gold produced by the gold mine while it is uncontrolled.

Team Quests

There are 4 optional quests. The respective objectives are to kill 20 enemy heros, win 10 arena matches, control the flag for 20 minutes, and control the gold mine for 20 minutes. These quests each reward gold and advancement of the Team Aura.

Team Aura

Upon completion of the first team quest that teams heros gain an aura which only affects heros. Level 1 increases armor, level 2 increases armor and mana regeneration, level 3 increases armor, mana regeneration, and health regeneration, and level 4 increases armor, mana regeneration, health regeneration, and movement speed. The aura levels up as team quests are completed. The order the quests are completed in does not matter.

About the Map

I've had working versions of this map using modified normal heros and abilities. I've recently added new objectives and many custom abilities downloaded from the hive. I'm now looking for people to help me balance things and find bugs.

I'm also interested in anyone who wants to help make new heros, abilities, items, and improving the bosses.
CREDITS

NinjasDontFight

Terrain

Nightsong

Bloodmancer - Hero
Transfusion
Bloodletting
Bloodfire
Taint

Monky-Master

Blade Beam

U.V

Telekinesis
Swift Attck
Shocking Wave

Dizel_PlnS

Freezing Strike
Frost Wave

ctb

Inferno
Lightining Sword

Andre Pogi

Thunder Bolt
Lightning Bolt
Lightning Split

ShiggityShwa

Soul Stealer - Hero
Soul Blast
Raging Soul
Soul Theft
Empower
Revenge

ArcanisteR

Omni Drain

Angel.of.Doom

Searing Beam

Unbekannt

Blade Dance

DashThunderbolt

Forest Elder - Hero
Entangling Vines
Circle of Life
Eat Tree
Elune's Embrace

ziNv

Thor's Hammer

Dr. Nitro

Venom Sphere
Acid Armour

flyfightflea

Plague Bearer - Hero
Plague Bolt
Poison Nova
Poison Explosion
Acid Rain

Eusira

Mend

Sneb

Curse of Crovax
Psychic Scream
Tremor

Dark Demon_DK

Fire Orb
Fire Protection
Fire Swarm

nathan "Slipshot" vasquez

Conflagration
Frost Chain
Psionic Storm

-BerZeKeR-

Flame Shield
Quick Blades
Double Edge
Heroic Strike
Nether Chains
Fatal Strike
Unholy Execution
Link of Horror
Desolate
Blessed Hammer
Hammer Forge
Hammers Wrath

The Hive Workshop

DotA Template

Updates:

1.5b - Fixed some icons and tooltips.
1.5c - Fixed abilites for the Bloodmancer and Lightning Mage, Some balances
1.5e - Fixed the Stalkers Invisibility, Changed the Soul Stealers armor type and stats, Reduced the Plague Bearers attack range, Removed the Warchief, Various Balances
1.5f - Heroes preloaded

Attachments

• KingQueen 1.5f.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.