• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King of the Hill Region Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm making a King of the Hill style map, but I'm having troubles with the center region. I can't get the points to add while the unit is standing in the region. I can only get the points to add when the unit enters. Can anyone help me with the triggers? Thanks

Level 6
you should make a trigger with a "periodic" event. Something like this

Event -
-Every 1 second of game time
Actions -
-Set TEAM1points = (number of TEAM1 units in center region) + (TEAM1points)
-Set TEAM2points = (number of units TEAM2 units in center region) + (TEAM2points)

You can obvioucsly change the trigger around, but that will give you the basic desired effect = )

Level 3
nice..

if ur going for time holding that point, and the timed triggered on entrance, and if the unit leaves the region, the time stops.. then:

TRIGGER1
Event -
Unit - Unit enters (Centre)
Condition -
>>> Team1Units counts if a unit has enetered, so if u bring more into the centre it doesnt retrigger the timer. Team2Units represents if there is already ppl from the other team in the centre. <<<
(Team2Units equal to 0) and (entering unit) is in team1
Action -
set Team1CentreCount = Team1CentreCount + 1
if Team1Units = 1 then do nothing, else set Team1Units = Team1Units + 1
Countdown Timer - Start Team1Timer as a one-shot that will end in (how eva long)
>>> timer window?? <<<

(do the same thing for the opposite team)

TRIGGER2
Event -
Unit - Unit Leaves centre
Conditions -
(ignore)
Actions -
if -
(Leaving Unit is in Team1)
then -
if -
Team1CentreCount = 0
then -
Pause - Team1Timer
else -
Do Nothing
else -
Do Nothing

do the same for opposite team once again.
you get the idea...

use variables if trying to count units in regions etc.

ummmm.. yeh, those trigger may need basic remoulding, but thats basically what u need to do. You'll also have to do a trigger that if a unit dies, it recounts units in region, if its 0, then turns control to other team...
hope i could help :p
GL

Status
Not open for further replies.