• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

King of the Castle 1.6

Contents

King of the Castle 1.6 (Map)

Level 3
Umm... There is a large bug in the most downloaded section in the news. It shows in the moment that THIS map has... more than 5380 downloads. :shock: And Tribute, which has more than 10200 downloads is last with about 2912. Or is that meaned to be this way?

VGsatomi how do you know its download abuse? perhaps the map is a very popular map...could possibly be that maybe it is! You got to consider all the possible outcomes. True, mabye it was downloaded a little to much, but do you know how long that would take? Im 13441st profile in this site. Besides, some people might be lefties that dled this. Perhaps they used their ring finger? God am I the only technologily genious on this site? *sigh* I feel very ashamed about now

Level 22
HOw do I know....hmmm lets see...First, it was on the site since oct 8th, had not been in the top 15 all that time, then all the sudden shoots to #1 in 1 day? Second, 5K downloads without a single comment? No, that just doesnt happen. The most I've seen a map go without a comment was 1000 d/ls. Third, maps like this arent large downloaders. RPGs, campaigns and cinimatics are the only games that usually pass 2K.
-VGsatomi

Level 5
*sniff sniff*

hmm...it smells like download abuse in the air . Index finger tired?

your downloads have been reset to 0. Do it again and I will delete your map.
-VGsatomi

Wasn't me, probally don't believe me though. Im not the type of guy to sit and click 6000 times. Though I find it wierd someone else would do it for another person, though they might be trying to people in "trouble".

You can delete the map if you want and i'll resubmit it. Since it seems to be staying at #1, even though you reset it. I wouldn't mind if it stayed though :)

Level 22
The topn 15 is the highest number of downloads for the month, not total, so thats why the the highest downloaded maps may not be in the top 15 while other maps with a fraction of the total downloads may be near the top.

Someone may be download abusing your map to get it removed, knowing that we have a rule against it. Piss anyone off lately? 8)
-VGsatomi

Level 3
And i think it must be people with really fast connects to dl the map very fast(or it would take really more time than 1100 sec xP).

Level 1
Hey, I just wanted to say I played your map and I thought it was really good. I loved that fact that there was AI, as I play games in LAN with my brother a lot. But, I would suggest putting something in the AI to cause them to spend their gold on things like upgrades, new "attacks" and spells, and the units you build to help defend. All the AI did was summon like crazy, and it was really hard to summon back as you were spending all you gold on protecting yourself, but when you did summon later in the game the AI couldn't kill the units, and if the comps spent their gold on upgrades, the summoning would be a bit easier to handle. All in all, though, it was really fun!
I just wish I could host this on Battle.net... :D