• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of the Forces 1.6

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Map Title:

Battle of the Forces (BotF)
By JaredVeatz
Map Info:

Two worlds are engaged in a massive battle. Warriors were called and the Predator was awakened. Choose your side, master your hero, defend your Defendants, and dominate the war!

Gameplay Guide:

Before the battle starts, you will need to choose a hero (each with different skill set). Purchase and build some items to strengthen him. Items can also be upgraded by combining them or simply "item building". Item builds that are in "Primary Craft Chart" are usually for early game, while those in "Secondary Craft Chart" are for middle and or late game. There are three lanes in this map. Players should kill the enemies in their opposing lane. Also, towers must be destroyed to be able to go near the opponent's base. To win the game, a team should fully wipe-out all of the their opponent's five Defendants.

Tips:

- There is a what they call "The Wild Predator" dragon-like creature lurking inside the forest. It is harmful but it can give you a big amount of gold if you killed it!
- You can purchase a pet at a Sentry Shop inside the ruined villages. They can be used for killing, clash support, or spying.
Credits:

Special thanks to SD_Ryoko and AceHart for the "Hero-Defense" template.
Map by JaredVeatz
Author's Notes:

Please give your comments and suggestions so that I can improve this map.
If you find any bug, please feel free to contact me at "[email protected]".
Thanks for downloading!
Keywords:
battle, forces, pet, item, build, overworld, underworld, war, defendants, tower, defense
Contents

Battle of the Forces 1.6 (Map)

Reviews
23:31, 21st Apr 2015 Orcnet: Shadow Fury's review
Level 21
TERRAIN

The terrain was too poor. The whole pathways were made with the Rock tile only which means lack of tile variation. Then, I don't get why using the Small Bricks tile of Sunken Ruins in this map. It simply looks bad with the other tiles. Even the Cityscape tiles look really dreadful with the rest of the tiles. I advise you to choose the tiles you use carefully to get a decent result. Next issue are the doodads. They were not manipulated well as many areas do not have any doodad. The inner forests are especially the ones I'd like to draw your attention to. They have been not decorated well. For the underworld's forest, for example, you could've used Northrend Tree Walls + Northrend Canopy Tree Walls to make it actually look like dead forest. Other decorative doodads like skull piles, remains scorched, trash etc... would've been awesome. To sum the whole thing up, the terrain really needs better tile usage and more decorative doodads.

GAMEPLAY

The gameplay was not entertaining. Simply the fact that all heroes have copy-and-pasted skills from default heroes definitely ruined the gameplay. It is not funny to play heroes with default skills. You need originality! In addition, the items seemed good enough but I'm concerned about the cost of Mask of Death. It provides 50% lifesteal for 1000 gold only. This is a theft! Sincerely I feel that most starting items are too cheap as well or probably it's just the starting gold too very high. This makes the gameplay really unbalanced. So you should either increase the cost of items or decrease the amount of starting gold. Overall gameplay seriously needs to be refined and polished

OTHER ISSUES

Why did you set the Defendants to "Camp" (Acquisition Range 200)? By doing so, the defendants will not attack creeps that get very close to them and I don't think this is appropriate. Then, why are all towers of the same power? It should be like this: the first towers I encounter deal X damage and have Y HP, then the second towers have values of damage and HP greater than X and Y. Those towers should also be invulnerable. Just follow DotA style; when I destroy the tier 1 tower, tier 2 (stronger) tower becomes vulnerable.

OVERALL RESULT

In conclusion, the map requires improvements critically. For now, I'd give it 1.5/5 and vote for rejection.